Past and Present

"So are you guys like boyfriends now?"
Jungkook asked from his bed, peeking through his covers at Tae, who was smiling like an idiot laying on his bed.
"No," he said, turning towards his best friend's direction.
"Then?"
"He says don't jump on to anything..just you know, go slow.."
"Why?" He was confused.
"He is being careful, I think..and it makes me so happy..I think he is trying to make sure that he is totally serious before being with me..I think my dreams of marrying him in the future are slowly becoming a reality, kookie." Taehyung squealed
"Ohhhhh . that's cute." He blushed upon hearing that.
"Yeah..it means you have to wait out first and make sure you really, really like someone before you try out any funny business. You understand me!" Tae said, sitting up on his bed .
"Pff..like I have someone to try out funny business with," Jungkook pouted.
"Mmm..i have a feeling that it will change soon."
"What?" Jungkook frowned
"Nothing...god i love yoongi" he squealed again
"You are weird.." Jungkook laughed seeing his best friend being lovesick already.
"Yeas and i m gonna be Min Yoongi's boyfriend.."he smiled wide
Jungkook shook his head, laughing, happy for his best friend.
....

It was almost 11 at night and another sleepless night for Jungkook. He got out of the room to give Tae some privacy as he is on his phone with his new "to be" boyfriend. Tae said he was fine with Jungkook hearing them talk..but he felt like a third wheel. He slowly climbed down the stairs and came to the living room and saw Namjoon already there, immersed in a new book like always. The elder looked up from the floor creaking.
"Hey koo.." His fluttered once again hearing that nickname .He knew the elder tried to talk to him a few times today which he avoided and was feeling really bad about it.
"Hyung, you didn't go to bed?"
"No.. I was just reading.." Namjoon said, smiling happy that Jungkook finally talked to him.
"What are you doing here?"he asked removing his glasses.
"I couldn't sleep.." Jungkook lied
"Tae is on phone with yoongi?!" Namjoon raised his eyebrows in question
"What no! I really couldn't sleep" Jungkook panicked inside, as tae has specifically asked him not to tell anything to his hyung, and he is not the best when it comes to lying , especially to Namjoon, one look at his eyes and he ends up blurting out everything, just like when one day Taehyung made a grand plan to sneak out at night but as Namjoon suspected them and asked Tae kept his cover while Jungkook , he spilled every detail without missing anything , landing both of them in trouble.

Namjoon sighed "Don't lie...Yoongi told me."
"He did!!" Jungkook asked his eyes going big.
Joon laughed at the youngster's reaction. "He may look like an asshole, but he is not one.He told me before coming home..he told me that they kissed."
"Huh.. So you are not angry." Jungkook asked biting his lower lip.
"Hmm..not really..I had some prejudices regarding him..and I guess it was wrong for me to do that.After being his friend for this long ..I think he is not a bad guy. He has a good heart. He might give those bad boy vibes way too much, but he is sweet and kind, and most importantly, I think he can freaking manage my hyper brother. "
Jungkook smiled "But he smokes a lot."
"Yeah, that's a bad thing... That's something he needs to work on."
"Yeah, Tae loves it though."
"He thinks everything about him is cool."
"Yeah..but I'm happy for him," jungkook smiled
"Don't tell him that I know.I just want to see how long he will try to hide it from me."
Jungkook smiled and nodded, rubbing his eyes.
"Are you ok?If you are sleepy, go sleep in my room. I can crash on your bed. I'll be late anyway."
"No, it's ok, Hyung. I was thinking of eating something. Do you want hot chocolate?"
He asked with his eyes shining.
"I can eat anything you make, so sure." Namjoon smiled at him.
Jungkook felt his ears getting red at his comment, "I'll make some then.." He smiled sheepishly and went to the kitchen.

After a while, he came with two mugs of hot chocolate.
"Wanna go sit on the porch?I think we have a clear sky. There might be stars there," Namjoon said, taking one of the mugs from the younger.
Jungkook nodded happily. They both went out with their drinks and sat on the steps of their home.
"Wohhh..you were right, Hyung..it's so pretty."
Jungkook smiled widely, looking up at the sky.
"Yeah its.."
Jungkok looked down and noticed Joon was not looking at the sky but at him.
He got flustered immediately, his cheeks getting red.
He tried to hide it by sipping on his drink while his heart started beating fast yet again.
"You ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend, Koo?"
Jungkook looked at him with big eyes and shook his head.
"No .!! Why?!" Namjoon asked
Jungkook shrugged, "I've never liked anyone, I guess."
Namjoon nodded
"What about you? Tae told me you had a girlfriend."
Jungkook heard Namjoon sigh, keeping his cup down.
"Sorry. If you don't want to talk, you don't have to."
"No, it's fine.Yeah, I had one in my old school. She did something bad. It hurt me a lot. That's why I moved back."
Jungkook knew there was some solid reason for him to move back. "Can I ask what happened?"

"Yeah.. She was my girlfriend and I loved her a lot..she had some issues with drugs, which I didn't know about..so one day I was with her and she got caught red handed with drugs on her..she blamed me, saying I was selling  and i forced her to use  just to cover up her lies"
"What?!" Jungkook looked at him shocked.
"Yeah, everyone in the school knew.I was humiliated, but it was proven that she was lying; she got expelled, and I cleared my name because apparently everyone except me was aware of her doing such stuff. Everything went back to normal, but I couldn't stand being there. It was hard.
You know, I was dealing with that while you started living here, which is why I never called or talked or anything..only mom and dad knew about it"
"I'm so sorry, Hyung."
"It's ok. I'm happy now... It's all in the past .I let go of those memories. I'm back with you guys, and I have nice friends... new life"
He smiled at Kook.

Jungkook smiled back, he didn't want to make him remember anymore of his past so he tried to change the topic "So, do you like any girls now?"
"No," he said, playing with the rim of his coffee mug.
"Why! Isn't there a girl who does pageants in your class? Hari Noona, she is really pretty..everyone talks about her." Jungkook asked, not really happy with his own words, but he felt curious since someone mentioned that Ha-ri and Namjoon would make a good couple due to their looks and height, and since both of them were really smart and were class toppers too.
Namjoon laughed
"She is, actually.Yeah, she is pretty, very pretty, and very smart too."
"Oh!" Jungkook pouted a bit hearing that.
Namjoon took a deep breath before continuing, "But I'm not sure about something right now."
Jungkook looked at him, confused.
"I'm not sure if it's just girls that I like," he said, looking at him.
Jungkook gulped down.His heart started racing yet again, and he kept looking at Joon.
"Koo...I .." Namjoon began to say something when the front door burst open, shocking both of them.

"You guys are having a party without me."
Tae came through the door just at the right moment.
"Tae, we thought you slept." Namjoon asked, his eyes still darting towards Jungkook, who was still processing everything he heard.
"I'm awake now."
He came and sat down, hugging his brother.
"Hot choco!!" He asked, seeing the mug on his hands.
"Here, drink it." I'm done. He gave his mug to Tae.
"Thanks, Hyung.." he happily grabbed the cup.
"So what were you guys doing?!" Tae asked, putting an arm around Jungkook.
"Nothing..just talking about random stuff," Jungkook said, looking at Namjoon, who looked away to the sky suddenly.