Hyung

6 months time skip

'Mom, let's go, lets go, let's go... 'Tae jumped around, excited.
'Stop jumping around Taehyung..' Min ah scolded
'Mom We are going to be late. Hurry'
'He is not going anywhere...calm down,'she said, putting on her earrings.
'Arghh mommmmm...' Tae was impatient
Jungkook smiled at Tae as he excitedly jumped around. His elder brother Kim Namjoon was moving back home, As he decided to finish high school at his old school, which is the same as theirs. His parents said he missed home and decided to move back, but Jungkook felt it was more than that. Why would he move back in the middle of the school year, and that too when he was on a scholarship at that famous school? But he chose not to ask anything more than he needed to know.
The past few months were a lot for him. He moved into Tae's house, or now his house too. They both started sophomore year, and Tae became obsessed with a Junior called Min Yoongi who joined their school and apparently got expelled from last school for beating up someone and missed an year in the process. And he finally finished his therapy and stopped getting nightmares. Even though the memories came rushing back every now and then, he learned to accept the truth and move on. It was still awkward for him to call the Kims his family, but he liked living there as they treated him just like Tae.
'Honey, you are not coming to the airport..are you sure?' Minah asked Jungkook who was standing in the living room with his backpack
'Yes mom...I have that painting class.'
Painting calmed Jungkook down, so Minah signed him up for a painting class, considering he was already born talented at that. She thought it would be a good distraction, and it did help him a lot as he is very enthusiastic about the weekly class.
'Ok, then take care, kookie.... Let's meet your hyung at dinner then'
She kissed his  cheeks on her way out.
'Ok, mom ' he smiled
Even though he doubted his cause for return, he was excited to finally meet the guy from the pictures.

.....

'Sorry, mom, I stayed back to practise a bit more.' Jungkook apologised since he came back almost 40 minutes late
'Oh, its ok..Namjoon just went to bed..he is jet lagged.'
'Ohh, I missed the dinner!?!'
'No, honey..he ate early and went to bed..we will meet him tomorrow. It's the weekend, so there's lots of time. We were thinking of going out for shopping and movies. What do you think?'
Jungkook nodded happily.
'Heyyy suckerrrr...'Tae jumped from Stairs and slammed onto Jungkook.
'Tae tae..language..and don't jump from the stairs' Min ah warned her son.
'Sorry, can I get food now? I'm starving.'
'Ok, ..go wash up before sitting down'
'Yesss!! Hey Kookie, let's play some videogames after dinner' Tae suggested
Jung Kook nodded happily agreeing.

..
Jungkook couldn't sleep that night. He went to bed late after a video game marathon with Tae and later when he did finally get into bed some memories came flooding back to him. It wasn't as bad as before as he learned to deal with it, but it did take away his sleep some nights. He decided to get some milk from the kitchen to help him sleep and tiptoed to the kitchen without making a sound as he didn't want mom and dad to worry again about him having insomnia like before.
He took the milk carton from the fridge and closed the door. He was about to turn as his head hit a rock-hard chest , and he almost dropped the milk carton.
'Oh sh*t..'he swears and catches the carton.
And looked up to see who it was through the street lights seeping into the window, he realised who it was.
'Hyung?!'
There was no reply as the figure stared in his direction.
'I m sorry ...'Jungkook said softly.
The figure nodded slightly.
'Are you ok? 'He spoke his first words. His voice was husky and deep.
Jungkook never expected it to be like that, and
Damn! He is tall and so well built.
He nodded
'You are Jungkook.' The deep voice talked again
Kookie nodded.
'Nice to meet you' The elder said
Jungkook couldn't see Namjoon's face clearly in the dim light. He tried squintinghis eyes hard to see his face then he felt namjoon walking away  , and a few moments later there was light in the kitchen.
And then he saw the elder clearly, he looked at him and smiled beautifully standing near the light switch.
'Wow!! 'Jungkook whispered .His eyes went wide seeing how handsome the elder was in person. He had honey skin, his bleached platinum hair fell all over his forehead, his piercing dragon eyes ,he was so tall, and his dimpled smile was heavenly.
Jungkook gasped involuntarily.
'Why are you looking at me like that?' Namjoon asked a little flustered by the youngers stare.
"You are handsome," he blurted out.
The elder laughed a bit.
'Thanks, I guess'
'I'm sorry..I mean, I knew you were..I have seen pictures, but it was like more in person. I'm sorry.'Jungkook said sheepishly.
'And I haven't seen many pictures of you.' Namjoon walked near him
'I don't really like to post on social media.'
'I guessed so,So milk..why you have sleep troubles again?' The elder asked in concern
'No..i just..thought smthng and we played a lot of video games now I can't fall asleep'.
'Here, give me that..let me warm up the milk for you.' Namjoon extended his hands.
'Huh..no, Hyung..I'll do it..'
Namjoon took the milk carton from his hands and went near the stove and started to warm up the milk
Jungkook gulped down and followed him
He didn't know how to talk to him, and his introverted personality never helped him make new friends.
'Why are you up? ' He finally asked softly.
'Ohh..well, I woke up suddenly..was looking for snacks as i was a little peckish ..but I don't know where Mom keeps them. ' Namjoon said while pouring the milk into a glass.
'Oh, I know..'Jungkook's face lit up..he opened a far end cabinet and revealed their snack collection.
'Thanks kookie..' Namjoon smiled again
Jungkook smiled with his bunny teeth out hearing his nickname..for some reason, Namjoon calling him Kookie felt beautifully odd.
Namjoon grabbed a packet of dried fruits and gave the glass to Jungkook.
'Come lets sit..'he invited him and sat on the kitchen isle munching on his snacks
Kookie drank his milk and settled down near him too.
They both stayed there silently.
'So how are you doing? You know since..if you don't mind me asking..m' Joon broke the silence after a while.
'It's ok..i get sad  sometimes, but i don't think that's going away like ever..i miss them a lot,but the bad phase is over, i guess. It's weird that suddenly Tae's parents are kind of like my guardians. It's really weird.'
'Hmm..you are happy here, right?'
'Yes, mom and dad are wonderful to me.'
'Good..and the crazy one?'
'Hmm.. ?!' Jungkook looked at Namjoon confused , raising his eyebrows, his doe eyes getting bigger.
Namjoon noticed his innocent eyes and smiled a little.
'Your best friend ' he said smiling
'Oh, he is the one who is the most excited. He calls me his brother now.'
Namjoon nodded and continued munching on his snack.
'Are you sad to leave your old school?' Jungkook asked.
'No...It's..ahh, I don't know..I had some bad experiences there..so it's kind of okay, and I'm happy to be with Mom and Dad' he replied without looking at the youngers face.
Jungkook decided not to press the matter anymore.
'I think I'm getting a bit sleepy.' Jungkook said slowly getting up
'Ohh yeah..i'm going back too..Namjoon grabbed the glass and washed it and tucked away the snacks back.'
'Go ahead..go to sleep..I'll just finish here.' He said to Jungkook
He nodded.
'Goodnight hyung..'
'Good night kookie.'
Jungkook walked back, rubbing his eyes.
'He is cute' Namjoon mumbled to himself and smiled
—————-

Please vote and support if you like the story 😊