11: Breaks

After Knockout cleared me to leave, I found myself wandering the Nemesis, the nagging feeling something was missing eating at my mind. I then felt an unfamiliar feeling in my spark, like a warmth. What was it? Love? But it wasn't my own emotion. I placed a servo over my spark, my optic ridges furrowed in deep thought.

I was then pulled from my thoughts when I felt a servo on my shoulder. I turned around to see Megatron standing behind me

"You seem troubled." Megatron said.

"It's nothing, sir. Knockout clearned me and I was just stretching my legs." I lied. "Is um, is there something you needed?" Megatron then pulled me close to his frame, my helm tilted upward.

"I need you to be mine Y/D." He said huskily. "Rule by my side, and I'll protect you."

"I... I am unsure of this." I said meekly, pressing my helm to his chassis. "I... even if I accepted, I don't know a thing about leading."

"I could teach you, and you'll become the most powerful Decepticon this universe has ever seen. Please..."

'Why does this situation seem so familiar? Ugh, this is getting ridiculous! Stall him Y/D.'

"If... if I accept your offer, what would my sire think?"

"I have spoken with him. He thinks it would be in your best interest." Megatron said, gently kissing my helm.

"Ill... accept." I said.

'For now.' I thought.

"Then come, be by my side." Megstron then released me and gestured for me to follow. I complied, the pair of us heading to the bridge. Waiting for us were Airachnid and my sire, along with most of the crew. Knockout and Breakdown were also present on the opposite side of them.

Airachnid gave me a disgusted look, and I shifted nervously. Megatron sensed my hesitation and pulled me close to his side.

"Decepticons, I expect you all to treat Y/D with the same respect you would treat me. Anyone who dares to harm him will have their spark removed by me, personally." Megatron growled. He then sat at his throne and pulled me onto his lap. I leaned against him, his warm chassis oddly comfortable.

"Forgive my questioning, Lord Megatron." Airachnid said, the femme slowly approaching. "But why would you choose it over a proper femme?" I stiffened at her words, anger in me.

"Y/D has proven to be more than worthy of my affections." Megatron said. "I suggest you remember that."

"But... it isn't even an actual mech! It's just a -" I had enough and stood from the throne.

"Watch your tone, Airachnid." I snapped. "I am not an it. I am a he, a mech. Don't you ever forget that."

"You're just a scared little femme playing pretend Y/D." Airachnid sneered. That caused something in me to snap, and I grabbed her by the neck and hoisted her up. She struggled in my grip, a look of panic in her optics.

"I am a self-made mech, and I expect you to respect that." I spat before chucking her to the side. "Anyone else want to test me?" The room went silent, signaling that no one wanted to try me. I then returned to Megatron, sitting on the arm of the throne with my legs neatly crossed.

"Watch out for the shy ones." Knockout said to Breakdown as Airachnid got up onto her pedes.

"That was quite an impressive display. Y/D." Megatron said.

"It was... necessary." I whispered, reverting back to my more quiet disposition. I don't know why I was so quick to anger just then. Maybe it was how Airachnid kept calling me it rather than he? I did not know.

-------------
Megatron taught me quite a bit since I returned to the Nemesis. I became a powerful fighter and even got my own weapon, a beautiful scythe that seemed extremely familiar to me, although I could not place where.

I continued to feel like something was not right, especially when Megatron returned with an oddly familiar red and blue mech. As he entered the bridge with the mech, all the others stiffened.

"At ease, we should welcome our old friend Orion Pax now, shouldn't we?" Megatron said. I tilted my helm curiously at Orion, still unable to place where I had seen him before. "Y/D, my love, I don't think you and Orion have met."

"I don't believe so." I said, slowly approaching. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise Y/D." Orion said, his baritone voice painfully familiar, almost like the reminents of a memory were attached to it.

"Y/D, will you give Orion and I a few moments? There is much we need to discuss." Megatron said.

"Of course." I said, striding past the pair. As I was leaving the bridge, I saw Airachnid sneering at me. I decided to ignore her and continue my way through the halls. I then heard the roar of an engine and turned around to see another painfully familiar bot skid to a halt and transforming.

"Y/D?" The two-wheeler asked.

"Who... who are you? How do you know me?" I asked, slightly afraid.

"Oh Primus, not you too! It's me! Arcee!" She exclaimed. I backed away from the femme, not knowing how to react. "Ratchet has been worried sick over you!"

"Ratchet?" I said, the name tugging at my spark.

"What... what did they do to you, Y/D?" Arcee said.

"Nothing! You shouldn't be here, Autobot." I said, drawing my scythe hesitantly. I didn't want to hurt her, but she needed to leave. "Just... just get out of here before you get hurt." I said. Arcee reluctantly transformed and zipped away. I opened a comlink to Soundwave.

"Sire, we have an Autobot intruder, a two-wheeler by the name of Arcee. She is heading down corridor 12 sector B." I said, closing the link and returning the scythe to my back. As I made my way to the bridge, I heard the light taps of pedes behind me. I kept looking ahead as I walked, spotting the dull reflection of Airachnid stalking me from above.

She dropped down in an attempt to strike me, but I managed to dodge her and draw my scythe. I whipped around and glared at the treacherous spider. She then shot several blobs of webbing at me, I managed to dodge most of them, but one got me square in the chassis and pinned me to a wall.

"What's wrong, Y/D? No bearings to fight me?" She taunted.

"More like you aren't worth the effort insect." I snapped, slicing through the webbing and standing firm. "Pull a stunt like that again, and I'll squash you." I returned the scythe to my back and continued to the bridge. As I entered Megatron gave me a strange look.

"Y/D, my love, you seem troubled." Megatron said.

"That glitch Airachnid webbed me." I grumbled. I felt a strain at my spark and my denta clenched in pain, my legs buckling under me. Megatron caught me before I his the floor.

"Y/D? What's wrong?"

"I... I don't know. It's like something in my spark is breaking." I groaned. My vents became heavier and heavier as I struggled.

(A/N headcannon: bonds break if they aren't reinforced several times by sparkmates and also if they have been apart for too long.)

"Knockout! Get your aft to the bridge! Now!" Megatron barked through the comlink. I gripped at my chassis tighter, a small cry of pain leaving me.

"What... what's happening?!" I whimpered, trying to remain strong.

"Knockout! Unless you want me to ruin your finish beyond repair, I suggest you get yourself here now!" Megatron barked. He then grew impatient and picked me up bridal style and ran through the Nemesis halls.

------------
Meanwhile, with the autobots-

Ratchet let out a cry of pain, falling to his knees and clutching at his chassis.

"Ratchet? What's wrong?!" Bulkhead exclaimed.

"Y/D... our bond is breaking." He grunted. "I can't lose him too! We need to find that space bridge and get to Vector Sigma!"