5: Megatron's Proposal

When I reported to the bridge the following morning, I saw my sire and Megatron discussing something. I paused my stride, not wanting to interrupt them. Megatron looked over to me with an odd look.

"Y/D, we have been expecting you." Megatron said. Cautiously, I approached, raising my visor and giving Megatron a curious look. "I have a proposal for you, one that your sire has sanctioned."

'What is he planning?' I thought.

"I want to have you at my side. You have carrier coding, and the Decepticon throne needs an heir." I felt my energon run cold in my frame, but I swallowed my fear and kept a neutral expression. "It would be in your best interest to accept my proposition. You would be feared and respected beyond your station."

"With all due respect, Lord Megatron." I said, watching my words carefully. "I must ask why this proposition is even being given to me. Surely there are others more... appealing to you."

"That is where you are wrong, Y/D." Megatron said, his servo tilting my helm upward to him. "I may have seem... cold towards you in the past. But when I thought you had taken your own life... something in me made me realize that I wanted you and only you."

I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what to do. Megatron? In love with me? No, no, I couldn't. I love Ratchet. But... what if Ratchet doesn't love me back?

"I... I don't know what to think, sir." I said, my mind racing wildly.

"Be mine, and you'll have nothing to fear ever again." Megatron said, a hint of a threat in his voice. Not wanting to anger him, I rested my forehelm against his chassis, Megatron snaking his arm around me. I felt him place a gentle kiss on my helm, my spark aching from it. "You made the right choice. When the war is over, I will bond with you."

'I can't.' I thought. 'I need to find Ratchet.' I was pulled by my thoughts when Soundwave pointed to where I usually kept my data pad. I looked down and saw that it was missing and slightly panicked.

"I think I left my data pad back at the mine." I said.

"Easy to replace Y/D."

---------------
-Meanwhile, with the Autobots, the previous day-

"What do you mean he just up and left?!" Ratchet exclaimed.

"He snapped at me and then left! I don't know where he went." Arcee said. "I wanted to go after him, but... I didn't want him to feel like I was pitying him."

"Ratchet, was the ground bridge used recently?" Optimus asked. Ratchet went over to the controls and found the coordinants that had been plugged in.

"Yes, and if we are lucky, he is still there." Ratchet said. "We need to move."

"Whoa easy Ratchet, what's with you and Y/D?" Bulkhead asked as Ratchet fired up the ground bridge.

"Dammit, Bulkhead! You wouldn't understand. He... I need him." Ratchet gave Optimus a look, his aqua optics pleading to the Prime. 

"Ratchet, Bulkhead, Arcee, with me. Bumblebee will man the ground bridge for our return." Optimus said, the group running  through the groundbridge. They appeared outside the mine. Ratchet was the first one to run helm first into the mine, the others following suit.

"Y/D!? Y/D! Primus, where are you?!" Ratchet called, the group reaching the center and spotting scorch marks and signs of a massive struggle. Ratchet looked about with worry at the spilled energon, his vents hitching. "By the Allspark." Ratchet then spotted my fallen data pad and went over to it. He picked it up and looked over to Optimus.  "His datapad. He never goes anywhere without it."

"This doesn't mean he's offline, Ratchet. It could mean the Decepticons have him." Bulkhead said. They heard a groan followed by the sound of a familiar yelp.

"No! Please! I've had enough!" Starscream yelped as Arcee tossed the beaten seeker in front of the others.

"Caught him sneaking around." Arcee said coldly. Ratchet drew one of his blades and poised it over the seeker's spark chamber.

"Where is he you son of a glitch! Where's Y/D!" Ratchet snapped angrily. Starscream let out his signature yelp, his frame trembling like a leave in a storm.

"He's with Megatron! H-he's alive! Please! Have mercy!" Starscream pleaded.

"Why does Megatron have him? ANSWER ME!"

"Ratchet, stand down." Optimus said, placing a servo on his shoulder.

"I don't know what Megatron wants with him! Something about carrier coding! Please! That's all I know." Ratchet then backed away from the seeker, his brow furrowed.

"A mech with carrier coding? That doesn't sound right." Arcee said.

"It's not unheard of. But that doesn't matter, we have to find him!" Ratchet exclaimed.

---------
-back at the Nemesis-

'They know about my carrier coding... this isn't good!' I thought as I paced back and forth in my berthroom. 'Sire promised he would never tell anyone this! Dammit Knockout! Dammit all! They can't know! Why Primus, why?!'

-flashback-

"Sire, I um. Can I talk to you?" I asked shyly.

"Of course, what is it?" Soundwave said, kneeling down so we were optic level.

"I... I think I'm a mech, not a femme." I said, my servos fiddling with each other. "I-I don't want you to get mad."

"Soundwave isn't mad, Starlight." Soundwave said, pulling me into a hug. "You are discovering yourself, and Soundwave will support you all the way."

"Can... can you call me Y/D?" I asked.

"Of course."

-end flashback-

"Y/D? Are you okay?" I heard Knockout say, pulling me from my thoughts.

"No, I'm not. Who told Megatron about my carrier coding?" I growled angrily.

"Carrier coding? You?" Knockout asked, clearly surprised.

'Slag!'

"Look, I don't want you to say a word about this to anyone. Do you understand?" I growled viciously, slowly approaching the mech. "Not a word, not a peep, not even a single dribble."

"Easy doll easy." Knockout said, his servos lifted up. "I won't say anything. As to who might have told me I don't know. But pacing back and forth isn't going to help. You'll wear a hole on the floor."

"You're right." I said with a sigh, pinching the space in between my optics. "Look, um, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. You didn't ruin my finish, so we are all good in that regard." I snorted at him in amusement. "Now c'mon, a good polish from Breakdown will make you feel right as rain. Whatever that means."

"Human term?" I asked.

"Yep."