2: Sing to Me

A/N since the last chapter was super heavy i decided to make a lighter one. Also, the song that is mentioned here is also linked above.
---------------
We emerged on the other side and into the Autobot base, the 3 other Autobots staring at me with suspicion and hate.

"Optimus, why is he here?" The two-wheeler Arcee asked coldly. I shrunk back behind Ratchet at her words.

"This was a mistake." I whispered. Ratchet turned his helm to me and gave me a reassuring look.

"Y/D has left the Decepticons and is now a neutral. We are offering him safe haven while he recovers." Optimus said firmly. "He is to be treated with respect."

"What's to prevent him from giving our location to the 'Cons?" The big green mech Bulkhead growled.

"I removed my comlink and my insignias." I said, my voice sounding extremely dull and lifeless. The 3 Autobots looked at each other with confusion.

"You should go rest Y/D. There is a spare berthroom that I'll take you to." Ratchet said. I followed the medic down the hall while Optimus remained behind to no doubt explain my situation. We reached the room and stepped inside. It was fairly bare, but I didn't mind. "I'll check back in on you in a bit." Ratchet said, leaving me alone in the room.

I went over to the berth after shutting the door and sat down. The silence of the room was oddly calming to me, yet it was strange. My entire online life had been spent on the Nemesis or on the battlefield, constantly surrounded by bangs and crashing. Even as a sparkling, I never had a quiet moment like this.

I eventually laid down and went into a deep recharge, one that I had not had in many solar cycles.
-----------------------
I awoke the next morning before everyone else, an old habit of mine, and I went into the main area. I looked around a bit and spotted a workstation with some sort of chemical formula on the screen. When I took a closer look at the formula, I recognized some of the compounds.

"Synthetic energon?" I whispered to myself. I then copied down the formula onto a data pad I carried at my hip and sat in a corner near the medical bay. While analyzing the clearly incomplete formula, I found myself quietly singing, careful not to be too loud and wake everyone else up.

Unaware to me, a certain medic had awoken and heard my voice.

"Talking to the mirror like I've seen him somewhere before

He said I look familiar
Did we meet the other night?

Somebody once told me that there's two sides to life
What's yours?
I might have accidentally let the darkness eat the light
And that's why

I prayed, I prayed
God sent me right to voicemail
It's like all day
My vanity is for sale
Take it away
My head is in my own hell. "

Ratchet became intrigued by my singing, leaning against a wall, and continuing to listen.

"Sing to me
I am not doing well
Getting tired of my own words
Sing to me
'Cause I can't hear myself
Through the loudness of my own hurts
Call me selfish when I say this, say this
I'm kinda helpless, and I need you
Sing to me
'Cause I'm not doing well,'

I then suddenly spotted Ratchet and jumped in embarrassment.

"I was unaware that you could sing." Ratchet said.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I asked, returning the data pad to my hip.

"No, I was already awake." He said. "What were you singing?"

"I heard it from a human radio station, I guess I just related to it, and it's been stuck with me since." I said shyly. "I um. Don't really sing much."

"Could... could you continue?" Ratchet asked. I gave him a small smile in response.

"Somehow, I got nominated as a king of sadness
Got so much. I know that I could even feed the birds
And that's why

I prayed, I prayed
God sent me right to voicemail
It's like all day
My vanity is for sale
Take it away
My head is in my own hell

Sing to me
I am not doing well
Getting tired of my own words
Sing to me
'Cause I can't hear myself
Through the loudness of my own hurts
Call me selfish when I say this, say this
I'm kinda helpless, and I need you
Sing to me
'Cause I'm not doing well

Somebody told me that there's two sides to this life
I think I might've chosen darkness over light

Sing to me
I am not doing well
Getting tired of my own words
Sing to me
'Cause I can't hear myself
Through the loudness of my own words
Call me selfish when I say this, say this
I'm kinda helpless, and I need you
Sing to me
'Cause I'm not doing well
Sing to me
I am not doing well
Sing to me
I am not doing well. "

When I finished the song, I swear I could have seen a hint of blue on the medic's face. I became flustered and looked away from his aqua optics.

"That was beautiful." Ratchet said in a hushed voice. "Who taught you to sing?"

"My carrier did. She would often sing to me when I was sparkling and when I was scared." I said, my helm hung in sadness. "It's... it's all I have left of her."

"What happened?"

"She got really sick with Cybonic Plague." I said, a shaky vent escaping me. Ratchet then sat next to me with a gentle look on his face. "Since then, I hated Megatron and the Decepticon cause. I only stayed with them because of my sire. He follows Megatron with such blind loyalty that it... it almost seems like he's lost himself to Megatron's madness." I sighed quietly to myself, unconsciously leaning against Ratchet as I felt myself grow tired again.

Ratchet didn't move, not like he could since I was taller than him, and my helm was now resting on his shoulder. I found myself closing my optics and drifting to a light recharge. I felt Ratchet let out a sigh and lean back against the wall. The warmth of his frame was oddly comforting. I then felt myself slip into a deeper recharge that was more peaceful than I ever had before.