10: Seperated

"Optimus, with all due respect, I'll be fine!" I said as I gripped my new scythe I had called Kingslayer. "I'm not unarmed, and Ratchet needs the supplies if we are to stabalize the Synth-En."

"I am not questioning your capabilities Y/D, I am merely suggesting that you don't go alone." Optimus said. I gave him a Ratchet-grade grunt, shaking my helm.

"Fine, fine, I'll ask Arcee." I said.

Soon, Arcee and I were out near an abandoned human mining operation. We made casual conversation as we scavenged, primarily searching for a certain mineral called chromium.

"So, you and Ratchet became Conjunxs?" Arcee asked, catching me off guard.

"Well, um, yeah. How did you know?" I asked, anxiety in my spark.

"Considering how close you two have gotten as of late, and the fact that Ratchet asked me of all bots on how to ask the question? It was pretty obvious." I snorted at her in response.

"So much for keeping it on the down low." I chuckled. I then heard the sound of a ground bridge and multiple pedesteps from outside the old mine. I picked up the chromium I had gathered and quickly gave it to Arcee. "Get this back to Ratchet, quickly."

"What? What's wrong?" Arcee asked.

"Just trust me." I said firmly. "You're smaller and inconspicuous. Get out of here and call for backup. There should be an exit on the other side of the mine."

"But -"

"Go!" I snapped. Arcee paused and then shifted forms with the chromium and zipped away deeper into the mind just in time before several vehicons followed by Breakdown and Knockout had me cornered.

"What do you lot want?" I snarled angrily. I drew my scythe and lowered my visor.

"He's gotten spicier since the Synth-En incident." Knockout said with a smirk. I growled at him in agitation.

I charged the vehicons, hacking them to pieces. While I was focused on just the vehicons Breakdown, I used the distraction to his advantage and managed to pin me to the ground. I struggled against him, my spark racing in my chassis.

"GET OFF OF ME YOU OVERGROWN PILE OF SCRAP!" I snapped angrily. I watched as Knockout slowly approached me with a huge, as the humans say, 'shit eating' grin.

"Time to perform a little maneuver called the shock and drop." Knockout sneered, the shock staff in his servos activating. He then stabbed me in the shoulder with it, the electric current searing through me. My vision darkened, and I remembered nothing more.

-------------

I awoke with a groan, my helm throbbing like crazy and my frame felt like it had been torn to shreds.

"Knockout, he's awake." I heard Breakdown say.

"What... what happened?" I asked, my mind feeling like a chunk had been taken out.

"What's the last thing you remember, doll?" Knockout asked.

"I-I... I jumped off the Nemesis to... end my life." I said, choking on the emotions that threatened to emerge. "I-I... oh, sweet Solus Prime..."

"Easy there, Y/D." I heard Megatron's voice say. I jumped and looked over to him. He had a strange look on his face, almost as if he were saddened. "You've been in stasis lock since you took that jump." He said, slowly approaching the medical berth. "Your sire and I had been searching for you for some time, and we eventually found you barely alive. It broke my spark to see you like that."

"Sir?" I asked. The warlords words seemed sincere, yet something felt amiss.

"Y/D, when you disappeared from the Nemesis, the only thought on my mind was you." I was extremely confused now. The warlord? Me?

"I... I don't understand." I said, Megatron gently sitting me up and pulling me to his chassis.

"I hope in time you do. But for now, you need to recover. The fall did some serious damage to you, and you are quite defenseless." Megatron then released me from his strange gesture, laying me back down and leaving.

'Somethings not right here. But... what?' I thought.

"Try and get some recharge in ya doll." Knockout said. I sheepishly nodded and rolled onto my side, my optics closing as I drifted into an uneasy recharge.

------------------
Meanwhile, with the autobots-

"Arcee to base! We need backup and now!" Arcee said through the comlink, dumping the chromium to the side. She heard the sound of combat echo from the mine. "Y/D is in trouble!"

As soon as she said that, a ground bridge opened and out leaped Optimus and Bulkhead.

"Where is he?" Optimus asked.

"In the mine, let's go!" The three of them charged into the mine just in time to see Knockout drive the shock staff into me, my frame tensing and a shriek escaping me.

"Get off of him!" Bulkhead shouted, charging at Breakdown. The two Wreckers wrestled with each other as Arcee engaged with the remaining vehicons and Optimus with Knockout.

"Hey, watch the paint!" Knockout snapped as Optimus slashed at him with his blade. "Soundwave! Now would be a good time to get Big M and Lady Legs out here!"

A ground bridge opened, and both Megatron and Airachnid charged out, Arcee finishing off the vehicons and grappling with Airachnid. Megatron then decked Optimus, the old enemies battling it out like there was no tomorrow.

Knockout snuck past the battling sides and grabbed my limp frame, diving through the still open ground bridge just before it closed. He emerged on the other side and handed me off to Soundwave.

"Hope you know what you are doing Soundwave, erasing memories on a Cybertronian is not the same as a data pad." Knockout said. Soundwave only nodded in response, taking me to the medical bay and laying me down. He then deployed his tendrils and attached them on either side of my helm, accessing my core processor and memory drives. He ripped the memories out of me, my frame stiffening and thrashing at each one he pulled.

It got so bad that Knockout had to restrain my frame to the berth to prevent me from involuntarily decking Soundwave. Eventually, he detached his tendrils from my helm, erasing the memories he gathered from me.

Knockout ran several scans over my helm, his dermas pressed together in a thin line as he studied the results.

"Now it's just a waiting game." Knockout muttered.