Chapter 40

Still can't believe that IPL is over for the year 😪

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

/////////////////////////////

'... wouldn't you tell me what happened?' I asked Bhavna Tai again, making a puppy dog face.

She was definitely disturbed. When I walked in, she just laid on her bed with her knees hanging at the edge. When I asked her if she was okay, Bhavna Tai just smiled it off. However, she never made an eye contact with me; which made be confident about my doubts.

'Kavya, all is well.' Bhavna Tai said pretending to type something on her phone.

'Then, why aren't you facing me? And, where were you last night? Esh said you suddenly disappeared somewhere and you were nowhere to be seen. Tell me, what happened?' I asked with concern.

It was the first time that Bhavna Tai lifted her head and looked at me. She smiled faintly. 'Trust me, Kavya. I'm fine and I felt so stuck up in the crowd last night. So, I was chilling on the rooftop. And ... you know, I never realized When I fell asleep while sitting on swing.' Sje chucked looking away quickly.

'Seriously?' I asked, still not believing. 'Then, why are you behaving like this now? You seem so detached and ...'

'I'm tired, Kavya.' She said with a sigh. 'I really need some rest.' She said, looking at me.

I looked at her eyes carefully. They didn't have any excitement or peace. Her appearance just gave those devastated vibes.

I nodded, not wanting to disturb.

'Okay, then..' I arranged her pillows at the right place. 'I know you might not have slept well last night. Here you go .... you need a good sleep.' I said making her bed.

Bhavna Tai scoffed rolling to her pillow. 'Thank you, Kavya.' She said.

I smiled. 'Come on...! But, hey! If you ever feel you need to talk, I'm there okay..' I assured before leaving her room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Few hours later

'Aunty, you called me?' I asked getting to her room.

'Oh... yes.. ' Aunty stood up from her bed with a smile. 'Sit here...' she patted the place next to her.

I was confused. What happened?

I went beside her and took my place. 'Anything wrong, Aunty?' I asked concerned.

'No, dear. It's time for everything to be right.' She said showing me her phone.

'I called the H.O.D of the department for your admission in the diploma course. I didn't tell you before but I came to know that the admission dates for this session  were over a week ago and the website is closed too.' She said.

'Oh ...' I said, not expressing much.

'But, now .... she told me that there is a chance. She will be faxing me a hardcopy of the admission form that is to be submitted in two days.' Aunty said.

'Aunty, you didn't have to ask her for this favour!' I said, feeling embarrassed.

Aunty widened her eyes. 'Favour! Lavya, do you know how good I'll feel if I could do something for you? And thr fact that you fought with the masculine dominance within your own house for your graduation and job inspires as a woman. I'm so proud of you.' She said placing her hands on my shoulder.