Chapter 6

Hey friends! 👋 I can totally relate with difference between the two stories in terms of 'interest' and 'engagement' Unfortunately, I too feel that 'Overlooked' is being slightly boring when compared to 'Prejudiced' 😪. The truth to be told, I wanted to provide the underlying circumstances of Kavya and introduce her as her true self and not what she pretends to be in front of Eshaanvi. So, now you know..🙃 But, the story is going to take a new and interesting turn from the next chapter. Thanks a lot for bearing with me..Love you all..😘

As off now, the two stories would run in parallel storylines. So, from 'Prejudiced', we know that Eshaanvi and at one point, Hardik, tried to convince Rahul to lend a pass to Kavya. On the other hand, getting a pass through Eshaanvi is the last hope for Kavya to attend the opening ceremony of IPL and meet Avinash, who most probably is going to have her last day at KDAH and also, her last meeting with Eshaanvi. So, what happens next???!!

/////////////////////////////////

'Kavya, are you kidding me? What emergency came up in your personal life that you are leaving KDAH in such a short notice?' Mr. Apte, the Resource Manager said reading my letter.

'Sir..actually...even I didn't know that I needed to leave the job this way. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.' I said, sincerely feeling guilty.

Mr. Apte shook his head. 'It's not about the inconvenience, Kavya. You have been serving us for quite some time now and all I could say is, you seemed such a sorted and responsible employee. But, this one...' he lifted the letter in his hand with dissatisfaction.

My sense of responsibility was stabbing my heart. I hated doing what I just did. But, my mother was still home and my family wanted the resignation submitted today. I can stand the slaps and curses thrown at me for disobeying them but I cannot stand when the same would fall on my mother.

No. I won't cry. People in this hospital knows me to be a car-free, happy-go-lucky girl. This is my last day and I want to go while retaining the same image.

'...and such behavior would be treated as totally unprofessional anywhere you go. If it weren't you, I would have definitely given a negative point at your service record.' Mr. Apte said.

I have disappointed him. I've let down many people today, including myself.

'...sorry and thank you Sir..' I said not looking up.

'Hmm...now, I wish you best of luck in your future endeavor and a resolution of whatever family issue you raised in your application.' Mr. Apte said signing the letter. 'But, you have to stay till 5 today and yes, you do have some formalities with the Board of Directors tomorrow at around 10.' He concluded.

I nodded, grabbing my files and somehow controlling the tears threatening to come out of my eyes before walking out of Mr. Apte's cabin.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

'Kavya, you're really leaving?' Ruby asked for the tenth time. 'I don't know why I feel it's again one of those pranks of yours.' she said evidently sad.

I only wish it was a prank.

'Oh...come on Rubs! I'm just leaving the job. It doesn't mean you won't be meeting again.' I said pretending the cheerfulness. 'After all, we will be living in the same country and have phones.'