Chapter 19

To be back in Mumbai, feels so refreshing! Home is home, eventhough the place I called home was lost forever. Still, I'm happy that I'm now not the hopeless girl who left Mumbai to escape her fate.

We reached the hotel at around 7 pm and lodging arrangements took 30 more minutes. 

It was 9 pm when I finally felt like I could sit and do something for my own.

I called Aai. I can't wait to visit her tomorrow. She has gone through and lot and I needed to make her believe that our bad times are over.

I called Eshaanvi next. I can never thank her enough for her arrival in my life. She said, the hotel allotted for MI was mere 700 meters away from ours and she cannot wait to see me.

I chuckled. I promised to see her the next day but I decided to surprise her tonight itself. It was 9:12 pm. The dinner is arranged for the players according to their preferences and there was no plan apart from resting in the room. So, a small night walk won't be that bad!

I put on a sleeveless blue top and paired it with a pair of black jeans. I quickly finger-brimushed my hair and got out of my room.

^^

The elevator took me to the ground floor and I informed the reception about going out for a while. They asked me if I needed a car, which I declined.

Wow! Finally!

I felt the pleasant air of Mumbai hitting my skin. I felt a sense of comfort as I walked by the trees towards the main gate of the hotel. Eshaanvi would be really happy to see me!

'Kavya!' a sudden call from behind struck my ears.

I felt the footsteps heading to me. I turned around to see none other than Eshaanvi's brother standing at mere 3 ft from me. He wore a loose-fit oversized maroon T-shirt with a pair of black joggers and had confusion and curiosity running through his eyes.

'What are you doing here, at this time?' he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

His tone wasn't friendly by any extent. And what struck me was, why was I answerable to him, anyway!!

I frowned. 'I was just going...' I motioning my head to the gate, not intending to say more.

'Going where?' he asked sharply. 'You know, what is the time right now?'

What?

'Yeah...I know. Don't worry, the dinner is sorted and you all would be called, any moment now.' I said, putting on a smile, that reflected my relief of getting the job done.

But, sadly KLR's face didn't even budge. 'And how does that allow you to go out of the hotel at this time?' he raised his voice a little. 'Don't you understand anything..?'

Before he could finish or I could actually decipher his words...

'Rahul! What happened?... Hey! Ravya Kavya!' Hardik said, appearing behind KLR. Unlike his friend, he held a smile on his face. 'How are you doing, girl?' he asked standing by me.

I smiled too. 'Good to see you, Hardik. I'm fine. What about you?'

'Oh! I'm as usual. Bored and fatigued by life. I heard your team arrived and our hotel isn't far. So I ran to see my bud.' he said, moving on wrap his arm around KLR's neck.

'Oh..' I said, taking a note of KLR's expressions that seemed indifferent as always.

'Yeah. We were just talking abd smoking over there.' Hardik pointed to corner bench under a tree. '...when Rahul suddenly got up from the bench and rushed somewhere without saying..'

Overlooked (A KL Rahul Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें