Chapter 38

Hello friends!

Long time, no talk 😇

How are you doing?

Eid Mubarak

Shubha Akshay Tritiya

We recently had a new year at this part of the country 🥰 Warm wishes to you all for that too..❤❤❤❤

What festival did you celebrate on 14/15 April?

How would you rate IPL 2023 on a scale of 10?

/////////////////////////////

'

Silly me!' Rahul muttered as he walked. 'Why didn't I realize it's a stupid thing to try and help that stupid girl?' He shook his head, trying to get rid of the flustered face he has got from that unexpected push in his own reception by his own 'so-called' wife!

What are people gonna think? He looked around, trying to find curious faces searching for scoops. Thankfully, there wasn't any.

'Hey Rahul! What are you doing here?' An unexpected voice reached his ears.

Rahul sighed and decided to face the guy. 'My wedding! My place! My wish!' He said as fast as possible. 'Cannot I be here?'

Benjamin was not surprised by Rahul's tone. He expected the same. But, when he looked at Rahul and tried to think of a comeback and continue the 15 years old cold war, his eyes frowned.

'Uh.. of course.. but, you're okay?' Benjamin asked looking at his 'rival'. 'You seem stressed out!'

Rahul immediately looked away. No way, he was gonna show his vulnerabilities to a guy he so despised. How could he be so evident?

'Oh no! I'm just bored of this stupid party, that's it.' Rahul said, walking away brushing by Benjamin's shoulder.

Benjamin looked at surprised.

^^^^^^^^^

Finally, the reception party was over. I sat alone at the back of the food court as Eshaanvi asked me to. She said, it's her order for me to sit here as she gets our dinner.

'Kavya, what happened? Esh told you weren't well?' Bhavna Tai sat beside me anxiously.

I shook my head. 'Oh no! It was just that I felt a little tired. Don't worry, Tai.' I tried to assure with a smile.

Bhavna Tai frowned.. and then raised her eyebrow. 'You didn't have anything since evening, did you?' She asked.

'No, that's not the problem.' I tried to explain. 'I don't know why Esh and you are both getting food into this!'

'Because both of us are right. You don't take care of yourself at all. Esh has gone to get a plate for you two. I'll ask her to get mine as well. And then, you'd sneak in to the bedroom before sees and talk the problems off..'

'Not happening, Bhavna.'

I lifted my head to see Madam Magistrate herself standing a few feet away from the table.

Why? Why? Why? Why does she have to increase my palpitations this way?

'What are you talking about?' Bhavna Tai asked, rather too sharply.