Chapter 10

Hello, My beautiful readers! 👋
How are you doing?

How did the Valentine's go? 💘

What's your take on the IPL auctions?
Who had the best and the worst?

Reaction of Suresh Raina being unsold?

^^^

Today, I decided to update this book with a short chapter and end this remarkable day.

I hope you remember that the regular font denotes the first person P-O-V of Kavya and the Italics denote a third person omnipresent narrative.

///////////

I walked out of the restaurant, trying to find my phone from the purse. I was not feeling right after everything that has happened today. I decided to book an Uber to my location.

I took my phone out but alas! My day was even longer than I thought. I didn't realize when the battery died and thr phone was switched off.

The worse part was that I didn't even bring enough cash with me to pay the cab and relied on the UPI payment. Even a withdrawal of cash from the nearby ATM would need an OTP!

What else can go worse?

Even though my first thought was to go back to Avinash and seek his help, I didn't want to disturb him while he's with the dignitaries. Besides, Avinash assured me to get me a decent job for my survival. A sudden interruption in such meetings, might actually ruin his recommendation.

Luckily, I found a female attendant walking my way.

'Excuse me, uh...my battery died and I urgently an access to my phone. May I have a C-port charger?' I asked the lady.

She gave me a confused look. 'Yes, but, may I know who are you?' she asked. 'You're  staying at this hotel? I haven't seen you before.' she said.

'No. I'm not staying.' I admitted. 'My name is Kavya Dixit and I came here to meet Mr. Avinash Singh. I would've asked him but he...' I looked at the direction of the restaurant, '...seems busy with the team.'

'Oh! You are the guest of Avinash Sir.' The lady nodded in underwear. 'Come with me. You will find it in the staff's room. I'm sure someone will have a charger of your type.' she said.

'Uh..thank you so much.' I said, following her.

^^^^^

'... no matter what the name is, it'll run in the news every time we pick a win.' Rahul commented on the sudden decision to change the name of the franchise from KXIP to PBKS.

'You're right. I do not believe in numerology but guess a new name would give a new abd fresh outlook to the team.' Avinash said.

Rahul nodded in optimism.

'Let's just hope for the best then.' Rahul said.

Avinash sighed. 'How can we, Rahul? One thing or the other always go wrong.' the older man pointed. 'Can you believe it, Shefali was so efficient with her management skills. But, I can't believe the girl revealed her pregnancy to us mere 3 days before the season.'

'I heard that. Shefali really ensured the safety and security of many things around. ' Rahul shook his head.

True. In fact, last time it was Shefali who informed Rahul everything about Samrat and his malpractice. She made sure things were maintained with dignity within the team.