Chapter 13

I couldn't sleep all night. Neither could I decipher what bothered me. KL Rahul despised me and everything he said or deed was to undermine my self esteem. I know that!

May be that's the reason he dared to call a random guy my boyfriend! But, why? I'm neither his friend, nor his family... So, why did he make this joke out of me?

Samrat? Who is that guy?

I remembered hearing his name couple of times before as well. But, I never saw him. Is he a manager like me? Or someone associated with the hotel?

I didn't realize when the clock had struck to 4, without me getting a full hour of sleep.

I guess Avinash is sleeping. No, I should not bother him with this stupid things.

I rolled out of the bed, not pretending the sleep anymore. A warm shower might solve my problems a bit. If not, I definitely need multiple cups of coffee to get rid of my impending day slumber.

^^^

I had a warm shower for more than 20 minutes. I opened my suitcase to check for some casuals, when my eyes fell on the flimsy dress I wore last night. I might have looked ridiculous in it. I even suspect that the dress actually gave the guests of the party some wrong indications.

Ugh! For the need of time, sometimes you need to do something you would never approve to do under normal circumstances.

It was 5 now and I jolted down my plans for today. Handling the players amidst the pressure situation was my real test.

I put on a PBKS jacket over my tank top and  paired it with a comfy trouser. I went to the catering to have some coffee.

^^^

I called Avinash and he didn't receive. Probably, the hangover was still haunting him. I sighed at the unexpected circumstances.

The players have already reached the ground for practice. The match shall start at 3:30.

I sat on the lobby and took a note of the things, needed by the players on ground and also the emergency aids.

'Kavya!' I heard Kumble Sir call me.

'Oh..hi! Good morning Sir!' I greeted with a smile and stood up from the couch.

'Good morning, dear! Uh...actually, I needed a favour!' he said being a little hesitant.

'What is it? I'll be really be happy to help.' I said, feeling genuinely happy.

'The thing is .... Samrat didn't wake up yet. I don't know what happens to this guy sometimes.' Kumble Sir shook his head in frustration.

Samrat! Again?

'Look, I know this isn't your job, but please can you take the responsibility for the breakfast and meals for the players? I'll provide you the time and preferences and you'll have to communicate the sane to the kitchen staff. Also, we need to be very particular and the health and hygiene of the players.' He explained.

'Oh! That's...' I thought of a word. This wasn't the easiest task anyway. '...not a problem. I'll do it.' I assured with a smile.

'Thanks a lot, Kavya. And don't worry, I'll send Samrat the very moment the shows his face or even receives the call. Till then, sorry for bothering you.' Kumble Sir said.

'Oh no..please..' I said, trying to make him feel less bothered about it.

'...and if there's any other problem, please inform me or Rahul. We'll be there.' he assured with a smile.