Chapter 32

HAPPY DUSSEHRA 🏹
And
BEST WISHES OF BIJOYA DASHAMI
❤❤❤❤❤

///////////////////////////

A gentle reminder about the writing format:

Plain: Kavya's P-O-V

Italic: Third Person Omnipresent P-O-V
(Narrator's P-O-V)

//////////////////////////

'... I know it won't be that easy for you, Kavya. But, these friends and relatives are all after your uncle and unlike me he is someone who just cannot brush away the words flying in the air.' Rajeshwari Aunty explained to me the same evening.

I gripped by kurti tightly. My throat was too dry to respond. As much as I wanted to speak out my mind and cut myself off the social formalities, I just couldn't ignore Uncle and Aunty's reputation associated with it.

'Kavya!' Aunty placed her hand on my arm. 'Don't you have anything to say?' She asked sympathetically.

I bit my lips hard, holding back my emotions and shook my head. 'I'm fine with whatever you all decide.' I said, submitting myself to the mercy of my fate.

Aunty sighed. 'I'm sorry, dear.' She cupped my face.

I shook my head, forcing a smile. 'Please...Aunty! There's nothing to say sorry about. Also, I should've expected it knowing the contract of BCCI.' I said nonchalantly.

'What contract of BCCI?' A sudden intrusion in the room made my heart jump and I could guess it was the same for Aunty.

'Raji, you and Lokesh ji had finally decided to socially celebrate your son's marriage. Aren't you two excited?' Madam Magistrate said, excited.
'And what does BCCI has to do with this?'

I looked at Aunty who was trying her best to look natural despite the tensions within her.

'Yeah...Jayanthi, we are excited! In fact, me and Kavya were talking about the plans. And the BCCI?' She chuckled dryly looking at me. 'As you know, they have the players under contract..including granting of their leaves in correspondence to the upcoming tournaments. So, who knows when Rahul would be free again?' Aunty said, somehow getting things together.

I gulped. 'Yes, the BCCI has a big role..' I added.

Madam Magistrate frowned. 'That's strange! Doesn't a cricket deserve his private time? Strange! You know, it's not the same in the media world. I've seen how they give Benjamin his well-deserved privacy.' She added.

Not again!

'Oh! So, I guess Benjamin won't have a problem attending the reception next week! That's great. I'll call Mr. Pereira tomorrow. Both of them has to come.' Rajeshwari Aunty turned the topic.

'Oh yeah...' Madam Magistrate smiled. 'They'll come. I told Benjamin that Eshaanvi was here too. He's pretty excited! You know, he haven't seen her in a while..' she added with a hidden excitement.

Aunty smiled, perhaps, not understanding her friend's future plans.

^^^^

The Next Day

'Kavya, don't be nervous. I'll be with you all along.' Bhavna Tai assured. 'I don't understand how could Dad decide this so quickly!' She complained.

'It's okay, Tai. This public occasion was supposed to happen some time or the other anyway.' I replied sorting the books in the library.