Chapter 31

'.... please, listen to me, Thiya... this girl had the audacity to ignore my words. She's so f***ing ungrateful! I'd drag her out of my room in her sleep the next time.' Rahul said venting his frustration through the phone.

Athiya sighed from the other side shifting the phone to the other ear. 'Anything else?'

'No. I just can't bear staying near this girl. I don't know how will I manage the public appearance with my so-called wife! I wish I never met this girl.' Rahul said venting his frustration out.

'Hm... I can see that.' Athiya said running her fingers on the railing in front of her. 'How is everyone doing in your family?' She asked, trying to change the discussion.

'Oh..yeah, all are fine. By the way, one of my utter biggest enemy Jayanthi Pereira is living in our house as a guest these days. It sucks!' He mentioned. 'By the way, how are you? In Mumbai or..?

Athiya chuckled softly. 'I'm good, Rahul. Yes, I'm in Mumbai.'

'Oh... okay. I'll be back in few weeks.' He mentioned.

'Oh. Cool. Take care.' Athiya said.

'You too. See you soon.' Rahul said.

'Definitely. Bye.' Athiya said, disconnecting the call.

She walked back to her bedroom and realized the hot green tea on her bedstand had long been cold.

'Jennie! Take the cup away. It's cold.' She called for an attendant.

'... That's why I have another cup for you.' Suneil Shetty entered his daughter's room with the cup of green tea he himself made for his daughter. He hadn't left his daughter's apartment since the unexpected twist of fate.

'Dad!' Athiya was surprised. 'You didn't have to do this! I won't have asked for a second cup.' She smiled childishly taking the cup from him.

'Come on!' Her father said. 'This has been your daily routine for past ten years, way before Rahul came to your life! You can't skip that for him!' He said trying to cheer his daughter up.

Athiya knew none of her emotions ever got hidden from her father.

'Dad!' She placed the cup on the bed stand and hugged him tight. 'You are my best friend and the best Dad ever..' she said getting overwhelmed.

'I know. And I also love to be the best messenger from now.' Suneil added.

'What?' Athiya looked up confused.

'Got a call from Viacom 18 Studios. They are thinking of you as the female lead for their next film 'Motichoor Chaknachoor.' He said.

Athiya frowned. The criticisms surrounding her bollywood career definitely affected her in some way, though she never made it grow to the surface. She was so upset about 'Mubarakan'.

'Dad, I told you I needed some time off acting.' Athiya reminded. 'May be I can do better after a little ...'

'No, dear. That's not the solution. The director Debamitra has spoken to me about the role and asked for your number. I must say it's a role you haven't tried before. She has considered Nawaz as the male lead.' He mentioned.

Athiya's eyes widened. She really wished to experiment with new roles and with such a talented actor like Nawaz, it was just her dream come true.

'Wow!' Athiya exclaimed.

'And yes..  I didn't recommend you to anyone just like you wished. Happy?' Suneil Shetty said cupping his daughter's face.