First Game

Night time
23 November 2022

"Quicker Dax quicker! Get on the inside and move to the outside. Come on! As fast as you can!" Coach yells across the gym. Practice was three hours long but coach made me stay after and do this drill.
After I do the drill I walk up to coach, drenched in sweat and panting.

Coach puts a hand on my shoulder, "Nice job, keep working. Go get cleaned up." I left the gym and went to the locker room. All the guys were gone by now. I jumped in the shower and rinsed off. After I got changed, I left the facility and headed home. It would be midnight by the time I got home, so I'm sure Sarah was already asleep.

I walked into the quiet house and went upstairs. Sarah was dead asleep in bed already. I tried not to wake her so I quietly moved to the closet to get changed. I pulled my shirt off over my head and threw on some shorts. I crossed the room and pulled the covers back, I climbed into the spot beside her. She always looks so peaceful when she sleeps. She suddenly shifts and turns herself over, still asleep. Her eyes flutter open slightly and looks at me.

"Hi D" she says softly, I can barely hear her.

I rub her arm, "Hey S, go back to sleep."

She nods her head and moves towards me. I knew she was trying to get closer to me. I snaked my arm around her waist and pulled her to me. She fit perfectly, like a puzzle piece. I continue to rub her back. I could tell she still had many bruises from her Dad. She's tried to forget it ever happened by not mentioning it and pretending she's not in pain, but I know she is. And it kills me.

*The next morning*
*11 o'clock*
24 November 2022

It was game day. And i'm excited, mostly because Sarah and C are actually coming. I have to be at the facility by 1 even though the game isn't until 5. Sarah is going to come to the game with my parents. I was able to get them all court side. Sarah's never seen me play, she actually has no clue how good I am. Today is one of the biggest games of the year, it's against our rivals.

I kiss Sarah on the forehead and leave her to get ready, I doubt she will get up early, especially since C spent the night at a friends house. I go shower and get dressed and head downstairs to eat. Most of the guys were down there, dressed and eating. The house is usually very loud and hyped of game days. But the guys were quieter today, since the Sarah was here. Kev, Caleb, Luca, Johnny, Ralf and I all left about the same time. We headed to the facility and tried to lock in for game day.

 We headed to the facility and tried to lock in for game day

Sarah

I ended up getting out of bed around 12. Dax was already gone. The bed felt so empty without him. I got up quickly when I remembered that I had to meet Lauren at 1 for lunch. I jolted out of bed and started getting ready. I picked out,

 I picked out,