New Reality

Night time

I'm sitting in the kitchen on my computer working on some economics homework. I'm wearing what I usually wear to bed. I figured after I studied I'd head to bed.

Sarah went to sleep a few hours ago

Sarah went to sleep a few hours ago. I feel so much better with her here. I don't know what went down with her dad but it must've been awful. I've never seen someone look so terrified, yet so anger at one time. When I saw the look she had on her face, all I wanted to do was sweep her off her feat and protect her.

I actually never sleep on the couch but I knew she didn't want me to give up my bed for her. It was the only way I could make her feel more comfortable. My feelings for her are 20x stronger with her here. When I told the guys what had happened they thought I made it up. They thought it was just an excuse for her coming over. As much as I wish she was here to just be with me, that's not why. She need protection, not that she can't handle herself. I'm almost positive she had been protecting herself and C for a while. I want her to be safe.

After I finish studying I start to head upstairs. I know Sarah's asleep so I try to open the door as quietly as I can. It was dark and cold, she told me she sleeps better when it's cold, so I made sure that I turned the temperature down. I crossed the room and went into the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I could see her sleeping from the bathroom mirror. She looked so peaceful and sweet. She looked tiny in my bed. It was a Wyoming King sized bed. All the rooms had extremely large beds, since most basketball players are too big for a regular king size.

I went to the couch and grabbed a few blankets. I pulled my shirt off over my head and threw it on the floor beside me. It only took me a few minutes to fall asleep. The couch was decently comfortable to my surprise.

*The next morning*

When I woke up, Sarah was already awake and in the bathroom. I could hear her playing Sexy Red. We had chem class in a few hours so i'm guessing she's getting ready for that. She told me she drops C off at school around 8 and our class is at 8:30.

Good morning." She finally comes out of the bathroom dressed and with her hair down. I like when it's down. She was wearing jeans with a tan sweater.

"Good morning Miss

"Good morning Miss. Sarah. How did you sleep?" I started to crawl out from under my blankets.

"Well D, You're bed is probably the comfiest bed i've ever slept in. So pretty good. You?" She is sitting at the end of the bed looking at me now.

"D? Is that my new nickname?" I look at her with a smile.

"Yes! I love nicknames."

"Well, S. I slept pretty good." I stand up and walk towards the closet.

"I'm gonna go get C ready for school and drop her off, do you wanna go with me? Since we have class afterwards?" She says loudly from the bedroom.

"Sure, i'll be ready in a few minutes. I'm meet you downstairs." I say as I think about what to wear to class.

I decided on a pair of jeans, and puffer and sweatshirt

I decided on a pair of jeans, and puffer and sweatshirt. It's pretty cold in New York. I head downstairs and see C sitting at the dining room table eating a bowl of cereal. I walk up to her and say good morning then walk into the kitchen. Sarah is making a chocolate smoothie. We all eat and then head to the car.

I drive us to Caroline's school and Sarah goes with with C to drop her off. She comes back within 10 minutes. Gah lee she's gorgeous. Even when she's not meaning to be, she is. We arrive at class about 10 minutes later and walk into class. We separate, I go sit with Kev and Caleb and she sits on the opposite side of class. She didn't tell me we couldn't sit together, she just said bye and went to where she wanted to sit.

"What's good bro?" Kev dabs me up as I walk towards them. "I see you came with yo new girl."

"She is not my girl and it was just easier since she had to drop her sister off at school anyways." I pull my laptop out to take notes. I notice Sarah does the same thing.

"Did y'all both sleep in your bed last night?" Caleb smiles and nudges me.

I don't take my eyes off my laptop, "No I slept on the couch and gave her the bed. I figured it be better to not sleep together in case she was uncomfortable with that."

Kev says, "Smart man. Anyways, how you feel about the game coming up? Are you bringing Sarah?"

I honestly didn't even think about the game that was in a few days. I've been so busy that it didn't cross my mind. We had yesterday off of practice so I had forgotten basketball. Would Sarah want to come? Is it too early to ask her to do that?

"I don't think she would come, besides she has to work that day i'm pretty sure."

I try and changed the subject to the game instead of Sarah. Class ended and I drove Sarah back home. She said she was going to head to work for a few hours and I had practice so we went out separate ways. I could get used to having her around.