Feelings

I slept in until 11, I really didn't mean too but I stayed up until 2 am playing pool with the guys. After I finished  playing, I was going to head to bed when I saw that C and Sarah were asleep on the couch. Some Disney princess moving was playing but they were cuddled into each others arms. I took them in for a minute. They looked so sweet. I love how much Sarah loves C. Their relationship is unreal. The way Sarah has completely taken over the role of mother in Caroline's life at such a young age is admirable.

I pulled Caroli from Sarah's arms and took her upstairs to her bed. She didn't wake up, but she did say my name but i'm pretty sure she was just in a haze. I came back downstairs and scooped S into my arms. She subconsciously rested her head on my chest. Thankfully she was already in her pjs. I laid her on her side of the bed and slid into mine.

It was Saturday now, the day of the party. I'm not even excited for the party, i'm just so excited to ask Sarah to be my girlfriend. I've wanted to ask her for so long. But it had to be perfect. I'll take her onto the terrace of the house before we left for the party, when the sun is setting and will ask her. I was so nervous. I told all the guys so that they could make sure no one was up there but us. I even asked Caroline for permission yesterday. She promised me that she would keep it a secret but I don't know if she actually has.

"Good morning D" Sarah came into the room, still in her pjs.

"Morning, when did you wake up?" I ask as I watch her cross the room and head to the bathroom

"Morning, when did you wake up?" I ask as I watch her cross the room and head to the bathroom. She was at the sink but the door was open so I could see and hear her.

"Around 9. C and I have been making cookies. She's mad that she can't come to the party."

I smile, "Is she now? Poor thing." I can see Sarah's hands shaking as she grabs her anxiety medication.

"You okay?" She doesn't answer at first.

"Yeah, i've just been a little shaky." The door suddenly opens and Caroli comes running and jumps on the bed. She's wearing a cute onesie that Sarah and I picked out for her. It's pink with little with flowers on it.

"Daxyyyy!!!" she screams.

"Hi there princess, I heard you've been making cookies." Suddenly I see that Sarah is now leaning over the sink with her head down.

"He C, why don't you go make me a big plate of some cookies? Give some to Uncle Kev too okay?"

"Okayyy!!" She smiles and runs out the room. I walk quickly to S.

"Hey, hey you okay?" I stand behind her, trying to see her face.

"Yes, I just don't feel very good. I think it's because I didn't eat dinner last night or this morning." She says as she's leaning over the sink and resting her head on her arm.

"Okay come here." I say as I lightly rub her back and push her weight against me. I lead her over to the bed.

"You must've forgotten to eat after all the guys did. Imma go get you something to eat, stay here." I walk quickly downstairs and see Caroline trying to stack a bunch of cookies on one plate. I smile sweetly.

"Hey there, looks like you guys made a lot of those." I say while pointing to the cookies. "Imma make S some breakfast. Do you wanna wait on me and we can go up there together?"

"Sure D, I'm gonna go give these cookies to Uncle Kev first though." I continue to make Sarah a smoothie, some eggs, bacon, and a bagel. This should make her feel better. Caroline comes back within minutes and we head back up to the bedroom together. Sarah is sitting the same place I told her to stay. I placed the food tray over her lap and ate some of Caroline's cookies with a glass of milk. I turned on one of Carolis shows as we all ate. This was a sweet moment.

 This was a sweet moment

Sarah

Evening
3 December 2022

It was about 7 o'clock but the party doesn't start till 10. Lauren is coming at 8 to get ready together. I'm really excited for Dax to see what i'm wearing. I hope he likes it. We decided to not show each other what we were going to wear until before the party, but I just know he's going to look fine as hell.

My feelings for Dax? They've only skyrocketed. I mean seriously. The way he loves and takes care of C just means the world to me. I thought she would have a hard time trusting men after what my father did but thankfully, Dax has her full trust. And can I also mention, the way he takes care of me?? I sometimes get frustrated with him when he tries and takes care of me but it's because i'm not use to it. I'm not use to having someone reminding me to eat, take my meds, and take care of myself when i've spent all my time doing that for Caroli. Don't get me wrong, I love C, but it's refreshing.

*Now 8pm*

"Lauren!!!" I say as I run to her and hug her. She just arrived at the house. I'm so glad she was okay with coming to get ready here.

"Come in, come in." I hold her hand and show her the house.

"Babes, this house is amazing. I can't believe you live here!" She smiles as she peers into the pool room

"Only because of the grace of Dax." I grab her hand and lead her to the upstairs.

"Lauren, i'm so excited for this party." We are in the bathroom now. Thankfully, the bathroom is huge so we have enough room to have stools in front of the sink and Lauren's makeup is everywhere.

"That's new, you hated parties in high school." She smiles as she starts to do her makeup.

"That was only because it was all the people I knew from school. I don't know the people at this party, I don't know about what they think about me."

"I like this side of you. Could this be Dax's encouragement finally reaching you?" She asks

"Partly, he does encourage me a lot. But I also think that I just want to do something fun."

We spend the next hour and half giggling, gossiping, making jokes, and singing every word to every Taylor Swift sing. It felt like I was back in high school, before my mom died. The good times. Dax and the other boys were downstairs. Dax and I decided that we are going to make Lauren drive with Kevin. We both want them to get to know each other. I already dropped C off at her aunts. She was upset at first because she didn't like that I was going to a party but she dried her tears when she saw all her cousins.

"Okay should I do a smokey eye or like a bright accent color?" Lauren turns to me and asks.

"Hmm, what color are your shoes?"

"They're white."

"I say smokey eye. You look hot with a smokey eye." I say as I turn back to the mirror.