Epilogue

"Come on focus Dax! It's not like you're about to change the course of your life forever. Fuck. What is wrong with me." I stair at myself in the mirror. I pull the ring out and take another glance.

 I pull the ring out and take another glance

Exactly what she wanted. No like seriously. She sent me a picture and I took that exact picture to the jewelers. Plus I stalked her Pinterest account. We've been moved in for about 8 months. Everything's been amazing. Pre season has been going good and we have started games. C started her new school and has made so many friends. She always has someone over at the house. And as for Sarah. She's been amazing. She's started doing some influencing on YouTube. Get ready with me and vlog type things.

But today is the day! And it's perfect. Sarah and I are currently on a little get away. C is staying with Uncle Kev and Aunt Lauren who have been officially in love for 6 months. He asked her to move in with him after the draft and they've been doing great. I've even hear mentions of a ring.. but you didn't hear that from me.

I told Sarah we were going to the beach to watch the sunset and take a walk. She's in the bathroom getting ready while I give myself a pep talk. Just then she walks out, I shove the box in my pocket and admire her. Shes a white dress.

She always looks so good

She always looks so good. But she shows me up every time. I end up looking like such a bum. Even if I say something about it, she says I'm being silly and that I'm so handsome buttt I don't believe her.

I threw on a tan button up and some white pants. Sarah actually picked this whole outfit out for me.

"How's this?" She twirls around

"You're fucking perfect." I walk over to her and pick her up. Making her straddle me. I place my hands on her ass and kiss her neck a few times. Making her slightly moan. I would continue but I have a timed session with the photographer.

We get in the jeep and drive to the beach. We decided to come to Cali. Really because Sarah told me she wanted to be proposed to during sunset on the beach. And there's no sunsets at the beach on the East Coast.

The beach is deserted. Perfect. I spot the photographer lingering around far away from us. She's hiding her camera so she looks like she's just taking a walk like we are. We walk for about 10 minutes before I stop Sarah.

"What?" She asks innocently.

"Sarah Lynn Lyde. You have made this past year and a half so special. I know it hasn't been long but we e been through so much and I feel as you're my person."

"Aw you're my person too." She pushes her lip out. She has no idea.

"You've been my rock. And you blessed me with just your presence even though you used to hate me." That gets a giggle out of her. I grab both her hands. "I don't know if I could go on with life without you. You are my everything and you are my world. And I want you to know that before I do this. I got Carolis permission." She gasps as a I knee down. I pull the box out and open it.

"Sarah Lynn Lyde. Would you make me the happiest man alive and be mine and call me yours?"

Small tears leave her eyes. She jumps up and down. "YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!!" She shouts and throws herself to me. I have to quickly shut the ring box to catch her.

"God I love you." She kisses me hard.

"I love you S. Always have and always will."