Passings

Dax's dad passed this morning. My job was to relay the message. I called Kevin and told him to let the coaching staff know and the other team members. I asked my aunt to talk care of C for a few days since she was out of school for Christmas break and i'm sure Dax needed some time to himself.

After he passed, we filled out paperwork, insurance, and death certificates. Dax said his goodbyes and I took him to get some food. He was in such bad shape. We didn't leave the hospital until around 1:30. I took Dax home and let him do his thing. All he wanted to do was go to the gym so he left at 3 for the gym and came back around 7. I had made some dinner for the entire house but he didn't feel like eating.

"Dax?" I softly knock on the door of the bedroom . He was getting changed and sitting on the bed. I walked closer to him with a bowl of soup that I had made.
"Dax, you need to eat." I said softly.

"Just leave it on the nightstand. Come here." He waves me over. I walk over to him. He grabs my hips and pulls me onto him. I'm straddling his lap. He rests his head on my shoulder. I run my hand and nails through his hair.

"I love you." I whisper and kiss his head softly.

Dax moves his head to where he meets my eyes. He pulls me in by my chin and kisses me softly. "I love you S. Thank you for being here." He rests his head back on my shoulder. He moves his hand under my oversized shirt and reaches the clasp to my bra. He messes with it for a few seconds and moves his hand all across my back.

I pull away from him after a few moments and look him in the eye. "Hey. You wanna join me in the shower?" I ask sweetly as I plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

"You go without me, I'm going to try and get some sleep." He says softly.

I pull myself off of his lap. "Okay, i'll be back." I move to the bathroom. My shower is short but needed. When i'm done, Dax is already in bed. His eyes are open but he's staring at the wall in front. I give him a glance but continue to the closet to get changed. I throw on some soft spandex shorts and one of Dax's large t shirts. Dax doesn't move when I slide into my side of the bed. I turn to his back and begin to lightly move my nails around his back. I draw many little sceneries. When I finally hear him begin to drift off. I wrap my arm around his waist and rest my face on his warm back. I wish he didn't have to go through this. I wish I could make it stop hurting.

    Authors Note
Hey readers! I'm sorry for such a short chapter. I am having major writing block but i'm working as fast as I can! New chapters will be out later tonight. Please leave comments and suggestions.