Definitely not a Date

"You're going on a date with Dax Bronson!??" Lauren screamed through the phone.

"Omg Laurennn nooo" I laugh, "He just asked me to meet up with him to get to know each other so I'll tutor him."

"Girl, you know it's a date." Lauren laughed loudly

"Why do you think it's a date? I've never even talked to this guy before yesterday. I'm surprised you were able to even figure out his name."

"Babes, everyone knows who Dax is. He practically a celebrity. He's a literal basketball star. I'm surprised you DON'T know who he is. I mean he went to high school with us."

I raise my eyebrows "Wait actually?"

"YES GIRL!! I'm pretty sure he was in a few of our classes. He looks so different now tho. Wait i'll send you a pic of what he used to look like. . ."

"Holy crap! You're right! I remember him now!" I can't believe I knew this guy without even knowing I did

"That's what i've been trying to tell you!!! Anyways good luck with your date hun. I gotta go my boss is telling me to get off the phone. Tell Caroli I said hi! Love y'all! Bye."

"Not a date!!! But love you, bye!" I hang up.

*Looks at time*

"I guess I should get ready"

I head to my closet and pick out a sweatshirt and jeans.

 I decided to actually wear jeans since I usually just wear comfy clothes or "mom clothes", as Caroli likes to call them

I decided to actually wear jeans since I usually just wear comfy clothes or "mom clothes", as Caroli likes to call them. Our mom always wore comfy clothes.

I fixed my dark, black hair into a loose high pony tail and grabbed my keys. I already dropped C off at school so I wouldn't have to get her until 4 o'clock.

I headed to the car and turned on some music and started driving towards the cafe. I actually have gone to Casey's Coffee Shop a million times. They know C and I by name. Mainly Caroli, she's very talkative to the baristas that make her hot chocolate. I love that girl.