Meeting Parents

Afternoon
23 November 2022

I'm in the closet trying to decide what to wear. I'm meeting Dax's parents and i'm so nervous. I want to look nice but not too nice. I end up picking out a brown puffer vest with a white sweater and jeans.

Dax told me to wearing something casual

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Dax told me to wearing something casual. This seems like a good middle. Once i'm dressed, I go into the bathroom and begin to curl my hair. Dax walks in and looks me up and down.

"Okay S, I see you. Looking all fine and shit." His words make me instantly blush. Dax has been very flirty recently, but I like it. I don't want it to stop. He goes in the closet and comes out dressed.

I could tear those clothes right off him

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I could tear those clothes right off him. The white shirt he is wearing shows off his arm and chest muscles. He catches me starting through the mirror.

"I know you see something you like." He smiles and laughs to himself.

I roll my eyes and continue to do my hair. My hairs long and black so it takes forever to finish curling it, but it looks good in the end.

I walk back into the bedroom and grab my shoes and Stanley cup and look at Dax

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I walk back into the bedroom and grab my shoes and Stanley cup and look at Dax.

"Are you ready, D?"

"Yeah, let's go" He walks behind me downstairs and out to the car. I was about to open my car door when Dax suddenly yells.

"No Ma'am! You do not open doors." He steps in front of me and opens the door and does a little bow. He's the cutest.

"Thank you my good sir." I nod to him and slide into my seat. I turn on some Taylor swift and we drive through New York. It doesn't take long to get to his parents house. It definitely feels quicker since we've been singing our hearts out the entire time to Taylor. We finally pull into the driveway of a tall blue house and my hands start to shake a little.

"You okay?" Dax asks me

"Yeah, i'm okay. I'm just kind of nervous. I really want them to like me." Dax grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"They are going to love you, I promise. Also, how are you feeling? You need any medication?"

I squeeze his hand. "I'm sore but i'm okay. I'm just glad I have you."

We walk into the house together. The house is filled with the smells of food, which is comforting. Dax is behind me when we calls out to his family saying that we were there.

"Ohhh hello!!! Hi sweetie!" His mom comes running around the corner and takes me into her arms. Shes adorable. She's a few inches shorter than me, her perfume is comforting. She has dark brown hair that's short and fluffy. Her makeup is smooth. I can tell she's been cooking, she smells like bread fresh bread.

"Oh my goodness Dax, look how beautiful this girl is. Honey you're hair and eyes are just gorgeous. Please Please come in." She takes my hand and pulls me into the kitchen. There's a so many dishes full of food. The stove top has green beans, Mac n Cheese, stuffing, and gravy.

Dax is in the living room with his twin brother, Max. I met Max that day that I ran into my Dad at Walmart. He was sweet. His mom asks me hundreds of questions. I love talking to her, she reminds me a lot of my mom. Dax and his Dad come in. I had never seen his dad but Dax told me what to expect. His dad looked a lot like Dax. He had blue eyes and dark brown hair.

"There's the woman of the hour!" He wheels over to me with a big smile on his face. I leaned down and hugged him tightly.

"It's so great to meet you, Dax has told me so many good things about you." I say with a smile.

"Well I hope it's just good things." He smiles as he wheels around to the dining room table. We all gather at the table a sit down at the larger, wooden table. His mother brings food to the table and we all make our plates. I sit between Dax and his mom.  His dad and brother sat across from us.

"So, Sarah. What do you do for work?" His dad asks

"Well i'm a full time student but I also work at a local gym a few days a week. I really don't have to work but I take care of my younger sister so its good to have some money for her."

"Oh, Dax never told us you have a little sister." His mother throws a look at Dax.

Dax shrugged

"Well my mother passed 2 years ago and my father is not in the picture, so i've basically taken over the mother time in her life."

"What's her name?" His dad asks.

"Her name is Caroline but I call her Caroli or C."

"That's a beautiful name." His mother cuts in. We continue to talk, laugh, and tell stories. I help his mom clean up the kitchen while the boys turn on a game and talk about what teams are going to make it to playoffs this year.

"I just wanted to let you know that, I know Dax likes you. It's clear that he enjoys you. The way he looks at you is how any girl would want to be looked at." His mother continues to clean dishes as she speaks. "He told me how you helped him when he told you about his dad. I'm so glad he has someone like you to be there for him."

"I really like him as well. You have raised an amazing guy and he's been so kind and caring to Caroline and I."

After we clean the kitchen we head to the living room. We end up playing card games, board games and even just random games. The atmosphere was so happy and lively. It was now 6 o'clock and Dax and I were saying our goodbyes and heading out. Dax begins to drive us home. Once we are home, he turns the car off and look at me.

"They really loved you." He smiles at me

"I hope so. You're mom reminds me a lot of mine."

Dax is now staring in my eyes with a hard expression.

"Sarah, I really like you. And not in just the friendship way. I've liked you since the 10th grade. Even when you had no clue who I was, I knew who you were. And now that's we've spent all this time together, i've found myself to really love being around you." Dax continues, "I don't know if you feel the same, but your smile instantly brightens every room. Your laugh just makes me melt. I drown in your eyes every time you look my way." Dax is practically out of breathe now, "And I don't know if you like me too-" I don't even say anything. I lean closer to him and pull him in by his shirt. His lips crash on mine hard. Our mouths moved in sync, the kiss moved from soft to hard in a matter of seconds. His tongue slipped into mine and searched every inch of my mouth. A rush raced through my body. I grabbed his shirt tighter. One of his hands were on my waist, the other on my cheek. We stayed like that for a few moments. I pulled away gently and rested my forehead onto his.

"I like you too." I say breathlessly.

I kiss him lightly on the lips again and smile. We sat in each others arms for a few moments and then decided to go inside. Dax had to leave for practice soon and I needed to go pick C up. I don't know how I was gonna go about my day after that kiss. It just makes me crave him more.