Part 46: Couple

We tried to play a few games. It was difficult because of Frank's need to organize everything. Eddie tried his best to remember the rules every so often, and Wally just seemed anxious the entire time.

"Ah, this is fun! No one is playing the games correctly, though.. that's okay. Games are supposed to help you have fun, right?" Eddie laughed happily. He stood up. Frank looked up at him.

"What shall we do next?" Frank asked flatly. He didn't seem particularly interested by this, but we all knew he was willing to do anything if it meant keeping Eddie happy.

(Eddie thought intensely for a moment. It had been the most thinking he had ever done.)

"Would you two like to have dinner with us?" Eddie asked. Frank squinted at Wally.

(If Wally even tried to bite Eddie again, Frank would yank him by the hair and throw him into a dusty box.)

"Oh, we'd love that," I smiled. I grabbed Wally by the ascot and pulled him closer to me. He was freaking out thanks to Frank.

(Wally was jittery with worry. Frank was not going to let Wally flee without any consequences. He didn't know how he'd be punished, but it was going to be terrifying... At least you were by him.)

"Wonderful! I will go cook, then," Eddie grinned and walked into the kitchen. I yawned and leaned against the backside of Eddie's armchair. Wally climbed into the armchair and rested his head on one of the armrests.

"Their home is very peaceful," Wally yawned. He looked around quietly.

"I agree. It's a bit like ours, isn't it?"

"Yes. It is quite like our own home," Wally muttered. I could tell he was thinking about something, I just didn't know what. I sighed quietly and went back to staring blankly at the space in front of me.

"Neither of you are allowed in the kitchen! You two are guests, so stay put!" Frank called out from the kitchen.

"Frank! Sorry! Frank meant that as our guests, you two should be resting and enjoying yourselves! Leave the cooking and chores to us," Eddie laughed as he poked his head out from the doorway. He disappeared again and continued helping Frank.

"Eddie, you can't do that. I'll put everything into the simmering pot," Frank's muffled voice said. Eddie mumbled something to Frank.

"..I want to go home, please," Wally said quietly. I looked over at him curiously. Was he uncomfortable because of the situation? I understood that feeling. I was willing to leave if he really didn't want to stay.

"May I ask why? If it's because of Frank, we can go, but we will have to make it up to the both of them sooner or later."

(Wally stayed quiet. Yes, being around Frank and Eddie made him feel a little uncomfortable. He felt much too guilty and ashamed to face them confidently, but that wasn't what was bothering him.

Wally was just unsure. He didn't know why, but he wanted to leave. He knew that you probably wanted to stay, so he inhaled deeply and calmed himself down.)

"I apologize. Nevermind. Let's enjoy our time with them," Wally replied plainly. He tapped on the armchair anxiously with his fingers.

"..I won't let Frank injure you, you know. I highly doubt he'll try anything. You know him.. He's just a bit of a grump."

"You're right. Frank isn't cruel. He's just honest."

"That's right, Wally! Now, what should we do with those two? We can't do anything that requires much energy because Eddie seems a bit tired, but other than that, the options are unlimited," I stated. Wally looked to the side and hummed as he thought.