chapter seventy

a/n: the official last real chapter of dependent. i'm actually so sad right now but it's okay. i hope that you guys enjoy it (i know it is a little short - but i promise i will try and give you guys an extra long epilogue!!!).

(the header image is how i imagine gideon is with Ophelia lmao)

**third person pov**

Ellie had babysat probably a million babies before, and hell Aaron had Jack. So maybe that's where it came from, but by some miracle Ophelia had been the perfect little baby.

No over the top screaming or being cranky, she was perfect.

Their house was not short of people either. Gideon refused to leave until he absolutely needed to. Which was really never going to be because he was fully retired and living remotely.

Both of the parents had no problems with it. They both had extremely missed the older man and ultimately enjoyed seeing him being all soft and squishy with their newborn.

The quietness of their backyard was abruptly interrupted by a little boy's voice yelling out, "Dad come play with me!", before the sounds of multiple things hitting the small wooden deck.

Ellie looked up from the baby in her arms to meet the eyes of her partner with a slight smirk, "Go have fun with that, this old man won't let me out of his sight. I'll be okay. Spend time with your son." she spoke with a smile.

Watching the brunette man walk out to the backyard with a slight smile on his face, Gideon turned towards the woman with a slight lift in the corners of his mouth, "How is Jack reacting to all of this? I mean you and Aaron moving across the country and having a baby thrown into the mix can't be easy for him." he spoke with a caring tone.

Her head nodded before looking up at him, "Actually..." she looked out the big picture window looking over the yard seeing the father and son playing baseball with each other. "It's been way better than we both expected. When Jack first met her in the hospital he wouldn't let her go. We're both so happy and I think that he sees that." Ellie spoke while shrugging her shoulders.

The older man could do nothing but sit there and start tearing up as he observed the look of pure happiness and glee radiate from the couples faces as they caught each other's gaze. He couldn't have asked for anything more for the people he considers family.

Of course he knew that it was beyond difficult for them to leave the BAU team, but he also knew that they were doing it so that their family could be safe.

If one was unhappy or scared, so was the other. If one of them wasn't there neither would the other.

They were dependent on the other and anybody could see it.

a/n: IT'S ACTUALLY OVER WITH... it's over with :( 

the epilogue will be posted in about a week? i think? depending on how long it'll take me to write it haha

but i seriously hope that you guys enjoyed reading 'dependent' and sticking with me for seventy chapters!!!

i really appreciate <3333

bYee!!!!!!!