chapter sixty three

a/n: a little bit of a shorter chapter but i just wanted to get something out after not posting something for so long :)

so i hope you enjoy!

**Aaron's pov**

This case was taking a toll on all of us. It was one of the rare moments when we actually felt a small percentage of remorse for the unsub. All he wanted to do was help his daughter with her illness. That's where everybody's remorse stopped however.

Me and Morgan had been standing in the conference room when his phone started ringing, "Hey, talk to me Mama." he answered Garcia's call.

"Frank Cosgrove works at the DMV branch smack dab in the middle of the geo-zone where our victims lived." she took a slight breath, "He has a daughter Estelle, blood type AB-positive, who is on the recipient list for a liver transplant." Garcia let out quickly.

Our eyes met in realization that this was probably our guy.

"She goes to a support group attended by a Keith Doheny. Frank Cosgrove did in fact try to make a living donation six-months ago, but was rejected due to his high blood pressure." she lightly chuckled, "If there is an unsub box that hasn't been checked I'm not finding it." she finished spewing out what she had found.

Me and Derek knew that we needed to hurry and gather the team together to go and arrest this man, there was no thought in his mind that what he was doing was wrong. He would not stop.

After Garcia sent the address to our devices I sent JJ and Derek to the address of the DMV while Reid, Kate, and I stayed at the police department.

**time skip**

The unsub had shot himself in the head while JJ and Derek were trying to get him to turn himself in and let the girl he had planned on killing next. His liver had ended up going right to his daughter with the hope that she would never know that it came from her father.

It was close to midnight out in the world while we were getting comfortable in the jet. Walking out of the bathroom I was quick to reclaim my seat in front of Kate and Derek as they were hanging up the phone.

"Was that Penelope?" I questioned as it was way too late for anybody else to be awake.

Kate shook her head with a slight smile before nudging Derek in the arm, "It was Ellie, she was just calling me because you weren't answering your phone." he spoke towards me with a squinted eyes.

She had been calling me?

Rummaging through my pockets for my phone, I pulled it out and there sat on the screen were the four missed calls from my girlfriend. Shaking my head I took a slight breath before clicking on my speed dial before placing the phone up to my ear.

While I was waiting for it to connect with the barely there service up in the air, the two agents in front of me started moving out of their seats and towards the couch with small grins on their faces.

Leaning back in my seat as far as I could and looking out the window, the call finally connected, "Hey Angel, how was your day?" I spoke with a small smile lacing my lips.

A small sigh was heard through the phone, "I-uh went to the doctor today for a round of bloodwork and the standard tests, so we'll know tomorrow." Ellie rambled out.

God... I felt like an asshole. After I had Jack I promised myself that I would always be there for the big appointments and I was, for the most part. But if Ellie is pregnant I had already missed out on the start of their big events.

Just because I couldn't process what that meant for us, for our future. She had been alone with her thoughts, probably thinking that I hated her.

"Uh Aaron-" she started to speak.

Clearing my throat I repositioned myself in my seat, "Oh sorry Ellie, I was just thinking about something. I'll be there, I promise. What time are you getting the results?" my voice wavered slightly.

With a few sounds of movement on her end I chuckled knowing that she was trying to sort through all of her sticky notes scattering her desk to try and find the right one. An even bigger smile came onto my face at the sound of excitement leaving her lips when she actually found it, "Ah-hah! The office said that they would call me around eight o'clock, so when we'll still be home." she noted.

"I just want you to know that no matter what happens I will always be there for you, you know that right?" I stated with a stern tone.

She hummed before there was a yell from a woman's voice on the other end, "Oh my- I'm sorry I have to go. Penelope just exploded her coffee maker. I'm coming P! Just wait a second, I'm talking to Aaron!" she yelled to her friend with laughter in her voice.

"Sorry Aar- I'll be home when you guys land. I love you. Bye!" Ellie ended the call.

Staring at the ended call screen for a few seconds, I leaned back in my seat even farther if it was possible and just smiled.

A duo of chuckles from the area next to me brought me out of my thoughts, "You're so whipped man. What has she done to you!" Derek exclaimed while Kate nodded her head.

I wasn't going to deny it.

I loved Ellie way too hard than any human should be capable of.

a/n: NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE!!!

bYe!!!!!!1