chapter twenty one

a/n: i hope that you guys enjoy the new chapter!!

**Ellie's pov**

Hotch had just pulled into the parking lot and I was really regretting that I had agreed to this.

On the drive over here we had talked about me coming up to see Penelope to give her reassurance that I was better than I was last night, so that meant me coming up into the bullpen... wearing Hotch's shirt and his ex wife's pants.

I obviously didn't think this through...

As soon as the car was parked I took a deep breath before looking back towards where Jack was sitting in his high chair, "Are you ready to see the BAU again buddy? You can come and see Miss Penelope with me again!" I exclaimed with a bright smile.

His little head quickly started to nod yes before his father could unbuckle him.

Aaron smiled over at me from the back seat, "I'll get settled in and then maybe you and Jack can come back later for some lunch?" he asked me... well requested really.

Glancing at Jack with a small grin, "Yeah... we'll see what Jack says about that later huh bud? Now hurry up and get up there... I can take care of Jack." he sent me a slight look saying 'no way'. "Aaron I know that you've probably had some very important calls scheduled for today... now get up there." I slightly pushed the man towards the quickest pathway to get to the BAU.

I could tell that he was shaking his head as he walked away from us, not saying goodbye at the moment because he would see us upstairs in a few seconds, but I turned my attention back towards Jack.

"Buddy... What do you say we go see Miss Penelope and then we will say goodbye to your dad? Is that alright with you?" he quickly nodded to what I said and started to pull me away from the car.

Getting out of the elevator and started towards the bullpen was a little stressful... I mean it hadn't even been a full twenty-four hours since what happened, happened.

Jack started to run ahead of me slightly already knowing where his dad's office was located. Smiling at how happy the little boy was to see his father even though he had seen him within the last ten minutes.

Walking through the bullpen doors I saw that the team was standing around Jack wondering how he got here and if Haley had dropped him off.

Slightly clearing my throat, Rossi looked up and smirked at me, "Ah I think I have an idea how he got here..." he trailed off making the team turn around and take in my presence.

Emily hurriedly came over and wrapped her stiff arms around me, "What are you doing here? I didn't think that you would be back this quickly." she questioned me.

Shrugging my shoulders, "I'm not working today, " she looked at me confused. Chuckling a little bit I gestured towards Jack, "Uh I am watching Jack today... There was a lot that happened last night." I told her already expecting her to want to know more.