chapter fifty two

a/n: a little bit of a shorter filler chapter today, but i have something bigger planned for the next one :)

i hope you guys enjoy!!!

**third pov**

Almost as soon as Carl was fully processed and was able to be questioned Derek and Emily were in the room with him.

While they were in the room, the rest of the team was helping the officers organize the cast files, and boxes, "It always amazes me how much paper we actually use in each investigation... this is like a whole forest." Ellie muttered while placing the lid on top of the box.

JJ chuckled slightly before going back to listening to Spencer talk about something he wanted to do when we got back to Virginia.

Everyone out of the interrogation room couldn't help but think of out of this realm reasons that he did what he did. Taking quick breaks in the observing room to see what was going on and how he was acting. But yet, there was no emotion in his actions.

Rossi had been outside of the room on a phone call for a couple of minutes, no one knew who with, until he came back in with a giant smirk on his face.

Aaron tilted his head, "What's that face for? Did wife number four call you back?" he prodded with a slight smirk.

Ellie smiled a little before jabbing Aaron's side with her elbow, "Be nice." she whispered.

The Italian squinted his eyes at the couple before clearing his throat, "So! Strauss called and found a way for us to stay an extra two days to relax. Her words were, "You dealt with a high stress case. It is only fair that the team has some time to recuperate.", or something like that." Rossi announced.

Everyone thought that was overly generous from Strauss, but decided to not overthink it. They hadn't had extra time in Seattle in a very long time.

A phone ringing erupted through the small office-type room making JJ hurry over towards the phone and pick it up with a smile on her face.

The travel tech-analyst smiled before leaning over and whispering towards Aaron, "What do you want to do with our time off?" she questioned.

It took a few seconds for him to form a response but then he finally shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, how about we just go and have a picnic on this little beach I know of, what do you think?" Aaron asked his girlfriend.

**Ellie's pov**

A little picnic on a beach that he knows of?

Of course, I would say yes to that. Why did he think that I wouldn't?

Tilting my head up towards him with a small grin gracing my lips, "I would love to, I've never really been to a beach in Seattle before" I muttered.

Aaron's right arm wrapped around my waist, with his hand resting on my hip, and just continued to go through the thousands of pieces of paper with a content look on his face.

Ten minutes later Derek and Emily walked out of the room with troubled looks on their faces, "That is a man that I never want to interrogate again. He just went in circles the entire time we were questioning him." Emily started before looking over at Derek, "Thankfully we got everything that we needed from him." he finished their shared thought.

JJ shook her head before gesturing towards Rossi who was sitting down in a chair on the other side of the room talking to Spencer, "Rossi talked to Strauss while you two were in there, and she gave us two extra days in Seattle to have a breather." her kind voice informed the two agents.

"We should be able to get out of here in a couple of minutes guys." JJ spoke before reaching for her phone at the sound of the ringer sounding off.

Looking around the room quickly, I let out a slight sigh.

It was times like this when I truly thought about how long I would be able to do this job for. Sitting around doing seemingly useless paperwork for the over-complicated government system. Or really just the overall emotional debt of having to constantly be staring down at people's worst days of their lives.

Actually, a lot of their last days on this earth alive.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I noticed that Aaron had left my side and walked towards the officers leaving me alone at the table.

I really did not want to look at a sheet of paper for a very long time after this.

Someone clearing their throat next to me further broke me out of my thoughts, "What are you thinking about over here?" Emily asked me while lightly bumping into my hip.

I shrugged my shoulders with a small smile on my face, before sitting down in one of the closest rolly chairs, "Just thinkin' about some things, but it's not important right now." I muttered dismissively.

Her eyes narrowed in on mine for a few seconds before placing her hand on my upper arm, "You know, one day I am going to get you to talk to me about things. We've been friends for years. I know how to get you to break." Emily smirked.

Oh how I know that she was telling the truth.

Sooner rather than later I would talk to her about my thoughts, but right now all I wanted to do was go back to the hotel and relax for the rest of the day.

All I wanted was to lay in the plush hotel bed with the heavy duvet, watching a movie, and spending some quality time with the man that I love.

Was that too much to ask?

a/n: ellie is starting to rethink what she wants to do in the future, how do we feel about it?

thank you guys so much for reading!!

anyways,

bYe!!!!!