chapter one

a/n: hello! this is the first official chapter of dependent so i hope that you enjoy. hopefully you guys like the new story!

(edited)

** Ellie's pov **

As soon as I woke up this morning I could just feel that it was going to be a heavy day at the office.

While I pulled open the door to my little half of the office I smiled at the sounds of typing coming from the other room, "Hey P!" I exclaimed. Setting down my bag I started to boot up my system before sitting down in my pink swivel chair.

Hearing footsteps near me I turned towards the open doorway, "Ellie Lombardi you didn't answer any of my calls this morning and all you give me is a hey?" she questioned me with a stern tone.

Smiling, I looked up at her eyes, "I am sorry Penelope, truly, but I had to stop by my post office to pick up some new key switches that I ordered. I couldn't just leave them there all day Pen, I mean look at these!" I exclaimed, reaching into my backpack I pulled out the cute key switches that looked like little cartoon animals.

She smiled at me and pushed my chair back towards my main computer, "You and your freaking key switches." Penelope shook her head. "Now hurry up and look at your email. JJ sent us a new case to set up for the team, and I am pretty sure that it is your turn to present!" she exclaimed while walking back to her side of the office.

Letting out a light sigh I ran a hand through my dark brown hair, "Okay let's do this Ellie. Just make sure that you have everything and you'll be fine." I whispered to myself.

**time skip**

Walking into the conference room around twenty minutes later I smiled at all of the team sitting in their respective spots. It was funny, there was never assigned seating but they always managed to sit in the same seat every time.

Giving a quick glance around the room I noticed that there was one person missing. Aaron Hotchner. Somehow I always managed to call him Aaron right to his face. Everybody called him Hotch, that was pretty much his full name at this point.