chapter sixty one

a/n: i am doing this on my phone - for some reason my computer isn't letting me edit my stories online?!?! so if anything is messed up that is why haha. hopefully i can go back to editing on my laptop but we will see :)))

 hopefully i can go back to editing on my laptop but we will see :)))

**Ellie's pov**

I was going to kill JJ.

Ever since last night I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. But there was no way that I could think about it right now. My family was coming over to the apartment for Christmas day breakfast and to just hang out around with us and get to know Aaron more.

He didn't know that last part though. My dad was going to one-hundred-percent be grilling him on how he treats me and literally everything about him.

Another thing... I hadn't told my parents about the-uh about the promise ring that I got about a month and a half ago.

Regardless, here I was, standing in a pair of too big flannel pajama pants, that were cinched as tight as they could go around my waist, and an old university crew neck from Yale.

The apartment was freezing to me even though Aaron had reassured me that it was in fact very warm and cozy. He had started worrying for me a little bit this morning when I threw up as soon as I woke up, but me constantly being cold even with what I was wearing and the fact that it was seventy-three degrees in the house made him worry more.

A knock on the front door broke me from my thoughts, "Babe can you go get the door please? I gotta' get these cinnamon rolls out of the oven!" I yelled at the man who had just come out of the bedroom.

With the comments of last night I had been stress baking and cooking all morning. I'm not kidding.

On top of the homemade cinnamon rolls, there was a cooling strawberry jam in the fridge for the homemade bread that I had made as well. It was a lot, but it was a way that I knew would distract me from my brain.

As soon as I pulled the foil off of the top of the pan, I heard a slight gasp from the entrance to the kitchen. Turning around quickly I was met with the sight of my mother with a shocked look on her face, "Honey-" was all she muttered before rushing towards me and pulling the foil out of my hand.

She looked at me for a few seconds longer before tilting her head to the side, "Is there something that you need to tell me? Besides that ring on your finger?" her voice was soft and almost concerned.

Oh god, not her too. I did not need this right now.

Looking back behind her to check that it was still us, "My friend JJ, from work, asked me last night about me being pregnant and this was the obvious result because it might actually be true." I whispered slightly to her.

Before I knew it my father was walking into the kitchen with a quirked eyebrow at how my mother was holding my arms, "Do I want to know what is going on in here?" he questioned.

Shaking my head, I moved towards him with a small smile, "Hey Pops." I whispered into his chest as I pulled him into a hug. "Let's go see if the kids have taken over Aaron yet." I chuckled while guiding him back into the living room.

I could feel my mother's stare on my back while I walked out but I just couldn't turn back and probably have her confirm what I've been thinking about all morning.

The first thing me and my father saw when we got back into the room was Aaron sitting on the floor with his legs spread out and kids all sitting around him in their pajamas. "Yes- I fight the bad guys you see on tv." he "whispered" out to the kids making them all squeal and start spewing out a million questions.

Feeling another hand place itself on my shoulder, I turned my head and smiled up at Elijah, he was the only one who had noticed me coming into the room, "Why can't you be as cool as your boyfriend?" he spoke.

Scoffing and turning to look up at my dad, all he did was shrug his shoulders and smile at me. Rolling my eyes, I walked closer to Aaron with a small grin before squatting down next to Aaron, "Elijah thinks that you are cooler than me and it's not fair." I mumbled with a joking sad face.

Aaron glanced up at me and an even bright smile was brought to his face, "Well I think that if Elijah sees me in front of a computer he would change his mind on that. But' how about we go and get everything in the kitchen?" he spoke even though he was hinting at something else.

Quickly nodding my head, he reached over once he stood up and grabbed my hand in his, "Come on'." he muttered. Following him into the kitchen, we were finally somewhat alone, "Are you feeling okay? You're not nauseous or anything?" Aaron's concerned voice quickly rambled out.

Should I tell him?

If I told him about the conversation with my mom or with JJ, it would be awkward to kind of just not know and have to wait until my family left to go back to their hotel. Which would probably be hours from now.

Before I could even start to open my mouth he looked down at me with a more joking face than before, "You're not pregnant are you?" he let out with a slight chuckle.

All I could do was stand there.

Stand there with my jaw hanging open.

Which then lead in the result of Aaron's eyes pretty much bulging out of his head, "Aren't you?" he only managed to whisper.

Silence.

That's what there was between us. Nothing but silence.

a/n: we're slowly getting there lol, i hope you guys have enjoyed it so far :))

anyways,

bYe!!!!!!!!!!!