chapter fifty five

a/n: a little big of a longer chapter today i feel, also there is mentions of the timeline of their relationship in this chapter and i realized that it is all over the place so if it confusing i am soooo sorry lol it confusing for me too because i didn't keep track of the time line.

**Ellie's pov**

A start of a new week meant that there would be a new case waiting for us as we walked through the elevator doors.

I wouldn't lie to you and say that I wanted to get out of bed this morning. Being the last week of September the weather was finally cooling down to my ideal temperatures for fall. Waking up to a perfectly cool morning with the combination of a heavy duvet keeping you warm in the morning is how I want to spend the rest of my life.

Waving goodbye to Aaron and everyone else walking into the actual BAU office while me and Penelope's office were out in the hallway.

Penelope had texted me this morning saying that she had come in around an hour early to do some updating to her software, so what I was going to be walking into was a complete surprise.

As soon as I took a step into the combined offices I noticed the stack of files sitting on my desk and Penelope still sitting on the floor with computer parts sitting around her, "Uh- hey P, how are you doing?" I questioned her with a hesitant tone.

Her head spun and gave me a deep glare with her features full of annoyance, leaving me to put my hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay, I'll leave you be and present the case to the team." my voice trailed off as I sat my things down.

Once I woke up my screens and hung my purse and jacket, I knew that I quickly had to familiarize myself with the contents of the newest case for the team.

Sitting down in the swivel chair, I started flipping through the case files and took a small amount of notes on a cute little notepad that I might've stolen from the blonde across the room.

It had been around twenty minutes before JJ peaked into the room along with a slight knock, "You guys ready to present the case?" her eyes glanced around the room.

Quickly gathering the prepared tablets off of their charging stations and the few paper files for Spencer, I stood up and walked over towards her with a small smile, "Hey! How is Henry doing this morning?" I questioned as we started to walk towards the round-circle room.

For the last couple of days Will and JJ's son, Henry, had been sick with some virus and had called me to ask what they should give him instead of a certain medication that he wasn't reacting to well too.

Her face instantly lit up with the mention of her son, "He's doing a lot better, thank you for answering my panicking and not judging me." she laughed.

Shrugging my shoulders I smiled, "Please, I have way too much knowledge on kid stuff that I'm not using right now so it would just be rude not to!" I laughed while waving my head around dismissing JJ's comment.