Her tongue darts out to run over her plump lower lip, gaining my attention and making me wish it was my tongue in its place. Remembering how sweet she tastes. How soft they feel against my skin.

"You're doing it again." I smirk when I notice her doing exactly the same I am.

"It's just—You're so beautiful, Bucky." Y/n says so softly and my heart stops. My brows furrow at hearing those words I not so often hear.

Fine, not going to lie and say woman never compliment on me because, well, look at me but it's never those sweet and tender words.

But with her...with her everything is different.

She must notice my stunned reaction and take it as something bad when she hurries to apologize.

"Sorry." Fingers tangled on my hair. "But you are."

"With or without a shirt." I wiggle my brows at her, gaining a soft slap to my cheek.

"You really know how to ruin a moment." Y/n groans. "I was saying something sweet to you."

"I'm sorry, Love." I shrug. "I'm just not used to hear that."

"I know you're not." Warm hands cupping my face. "But you will have to get used to hearing it because I believe that you are the most beautiful human being in this world and I am planning to remind you for as long as I live."

That's why I haven't heard it for a while now.

I fall silent before cupping her warm and soft face. "I love you." Whispering the words against her lips.

"I love you." Her grin making me close my eyes, feeling my heart swell before I crush my lips against her.

The last thing I feel is her hand sneaking under my shirt. The last thing I hear is her soft laugh.

"Pal?" Steve's voice waking me up.

"Hmm?" I rub my eyes, straightening my spine as I look up at him. My throat knotted and stomach churning.

"You okay?" Steve sits next to me, hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, just...I remembered something." I smile at the memory of her bright red cheeks.

"Mmm.  Y/n something?" Steve grins, elbowing my ribs.

"Yeah." My eyes drop to my lap, a faint smile tugging at my lips. "Yeah."

Natasha stands up. "We're here. You big boys ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Steve smiles, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend and kissing her temple.

"James?" Natasha asks.

"I'm fine, let's do this." I sigh, standing up. "Tomorrow will be the best day of my life."

"Mine too, probably." Stark groans, muting the call where I know Pepper is yelling at him. "Yes, honey. I understand. Yes—I promise there will be vacation after this—No don't hung up."

— — —

"Just coffee?" Natasha asks me for the third time and I nod, knowing teasing me is now her passion.

Yay. Another Sam. Just what I needed.

"Babe?" She turns to Steve. "Coffee and a bagel?" Hiding her pale hands inside the holes of Steve's hoodie.

"Yeah. Thank you, Nat." Kissing her red nose before she darts to the coffee shop. A bright smile on his face as she disappears.

"You're so whipped." I laugh, slapping his back to help him return to the present.

"She's the best thing that's happened to me." Steve frowns and I follow him suit.

"What is it?" I ask, worrying.

"She's not..." Steve looks down, scratching the back of his neck. "She's not the same and I'm worried she's going to think I don't love this version of her and try to push me away."

Well, shit.

"I'm not the best on relationship advice, Pal." I admit. "But I know your girl and my girl had that in common. Just let her know you love her no matter what. That you'll be there. Everyday." Shaking him by the shoulders. "Let her talk when she's ready. Don't push her."

Steve swallows hard, straightening his spine when the bell of the coffee shop door opens and Natasha runs out of it. Our three paper cups warming her cold hands. "Thank you, Buck." Steve manages to say before Natasha reaches us.

"What were you guys talking about?" She raises a brow at me.

"Anal pubic hair and how to get rid of it." I say so calmly before sipping my coffee.

Natasha stops walking and turns around to stare at me with pure disgust on her face as Steve bursts out laughing. "You're disgusting."

I laugh, sipping my coffee again and blowing on my tongue when it burns it. "This is too hot for me, Romanoff."

Natasha looks at me over her shoulder. "Well, shit. Never thought I'd hear those words come out of your mouth, Sargent." I glare at her, blowing some cold air to my cup.

"Natasha." Steve warns her, kissing the top of her head. Gross. "Leave him alone."

I shake my head. "That pretty mouth of hers..." Grinning until I hear something behind me. Not bothering to look back.

We keep walking back to our Airbnb. A hot cup of coffee and the perfect cold weather making me sigh in relief. The white of the mountains bringing me comfort.

The hairs on my neck stand up and I hear a throat clear behind me. A female one and I stop before turning around, frowning when I don't find anyone behind me.

I swear I even felt someone tap my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Steve walks to my side. Natasha not far behind.

"I thought I heard something." I whisper, my heart racing. "It's probably nothing. Let's go." Shrugging and walking in front of them.

It felt like you.
Tell me why it felt like you, love.

A/n:
Short one. Sorry!
Next ones are going to be loooong.
Thank you for 262k reads!