𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓐𝓻𝔂𝓼𝓼𝓪

Start bij het begin

As the days passed, prince Jacaerys's name day came near. She begged her mother to allow her to participate but of course they were in the South where her actions were "unlady" like for the Southerners. Her father cared very little for their opinions and thought it was a good idea to see who would be a good match, or who would try to be a good match for his only daughter. So, she represented her house.

When the participants were introduced, House Stark was among them. House Stark seemed to be leading, Daemon thought it was time to set them straight. He didn't think he would loose but to his surprise and everyone else's he was thrown off his horse. Aryssa took off her helmet and the crowd erupted into chaos, whispers and murmurs. The king, was the first one to clap following by the rest. The women young and old clapped loudly. Finally, a woman was showing that they too were as good or better than the men.

Aryssa gifted the crown of blue roses to her cousin, Helaena who was named the princess of Love and Beauty by her. Aryssa was carefree and strong, the people had witnessed first hand as she rode off the field, her family cheering and clapping. There were good and bad whispers about her. Some were about how good of a fighter she was, how brave and strong. Others were about how unladylike it was to participate in jousting and such but she cared very little for it.

Helaena had called her cousin to her private chambers to thanked for the crown. Aryssa said it was nothing but Helaena insisted. Aryssa had suggested a dragon ride. Helaena barely rode her dragon but for the first time in a while the princess rode her dragon and the disappeared into the sky. Helaena and her cousin ended up in a small island, you could see King's Landing but it seemed small in the distance. "I wish I could stay here and life a life free of duty" Helaena said. "Do you not enjoy living in King's Landing?" Aryssa asked and Helaena shook her head no. "Why?" she asked. "It's... complicated. I'm not happy. I just do what I am told" she replied.

Aryssa looked back to the city. It seemed so far away. Helaena Targaryen had recently married her brother, Aegon. To keep the Targaryen line "pure" as per tradition it's done. Aryssa leaned in and whispered into Helaena's ear. Helaena said nothing for a moment before nodding. The two girls stayed for a little longer before returning to the city. As the returned, Lady Baela was at the Pit. Helaena barely had a chance to greet her before Ser Criston came for her.

Baela was quiet, at least around her. But, Aryssa thought she was fierce while Baela thought the same of her. Baela was set to marry her cousin Jacaerys in a few moons and although she had a lot of love for him, she did not wish to marry him as she liked the same food as he did. The two girls made friends and the two made plans. Days passed and as the day of feast came, Lady Stark was as radiant as ever. She had many offers for her hand in marriage but she declined them all. She danced with her cousins.

In the end, she ended up on the dance floor with Helaena and Baela. The three were too close for everyone's comfort. In the blink of an eye there was chaos and mayhem on the floor. The three girls disappeared from the sight of the guards and their families. As everything settle there was no sign of the girls nor their dragons. A fortnight later, there was still no news. Lady Stark had a plan. She would save the two girls that capture her heart. Dorne welcomed the three girls as Aryssa had made friends with the now prince.

She married her two cousins in the way of Old Valyria and Oberyn Martell in their ways and also in the way of Old Valyria to create a union. With Dorne by her side she and her wives would be safe. It wasn't until the birth of her first child that the news reached the Capital. Helaena's marriage to Aegon had been annulled before she married Aryssa. The court was shocked and confused. But not only them but the parents, Alicent, Viserys, Daemon and Laena.

Aryssa's parents had always known of their daughter's likes. But, they supported her as long as she was happy. And they were even happier when they heard she not only married her two cousins but prince Oberyn to create and alliance to protect her little own family. They were happier to be grandparents to a boy and girl who she named Jaehaerys and Jaehaera. The court said nothing more as they knew the Dornish and Targaryen's had their own customs and traditions.

Princess Helaena, princess Baela, princess Aryssa and Prince Oberyn were happy and Dorne loved it. They loved how the royal family loved the small folk. They spent time with the people and helped with their problems. Princess Helaena had a daughter who she called Arysanne after her lovely wife. Baela had daughter who she named Claryssa after her sweet wife. Aryssa bore Oberyn eight more children. Brandon, Cregan, Nymeria, Elia, Rhaegar, Rhaella. Robb and Jon, plus their two eldest Jaehaerys and Jaehaera.

Years later, the Martell's had been invited to court to witness Queen Rhaenyra's coronation. The princess came back with her own children, husband and two wives. The court of course did not like it but could not say nothing. And even if they judged, some hated how Princess Aryssa found her own happiness away from court. Her family went from four two to sixteen. Twelve children, ten hers and her two wives and her husband. Rhaenyra smiled, Daemon, Laena and Laenor did too. King Viserys who by some miracle still lived smiled too. House Targaryen would prevail as each of Aryssa's children had a dragon of their own thanks to their grandparents.

Alicent, who when the ordeal first happened was angry smiled as she saw her daughter. Princess Helaena was no longer a shy girl who looked away from any eyes that seemed to search her own, instead she smiled and stared back at the eyes that seeked her own. Finally, for the first the women of House Targaryen received the happiness they wanted and deserve.

(Not Edited)