𝘞𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦

A/N: Hii loves, so I'm back in a very angsty mood, so here we have this fic. This one is similar to one I wrote a bit back, called Bruises. Firstly I'd like to give all of you a warning, this one contains sensitive subjects including abuse, trauma, harsh language, and loss of pregnancy (not mentioned in detail.) based around the end of season four, when Lucy and Tim get a domestic dispute call, it brings things up from Lucy's past which she'd hid from everyone apart from Jackson. And Tim definitely notices the weird behavior from Lucy. Once again this will include the trigger mentioned above, if any of said things trigger you, you may want to skip this one. For those of you who read enjoy>3

....

What is a person supposed to do when someone who's supposed to love them destroys them? What are you supposed to do when someone takes every piece of you and shatters it. Maybe no one knew for sure, Lucy sure didn't. Even 10 years later she still didn't exactly know how to go about dealing with what had happened to her. She still found herself flinching, trying her best not to panic when someone raised their voice, trying to shut out the memories, and bury the guilt she still carried. And deep down she knew it wasn't her fault, everyone told her that. It was not her fault that she'd never get the chance to hold her daughter, that she wouldn't get the chance to be her mother, all because of one selfish man, and a plan to leave the life she was stuck in. The escape that cost her baby, and pieces of herself in the process.

For a cop Lucy supposed it was what would have been considered a normal day. She and Tim had a few traffic stops, one arrest for drug possession, and a bar fight, so she definitely wasn't expecting what was gonna come next. It started as just a call, a domestic dispute between a couple that was called by the girl who was practically sobbing on the phone. "7 Adam 100 responding." Tim said over the radio as he began driving to the house. By the point Lucy had probably worked at least a dozen domestic abuse cases, and it didn't get easier any time, but she wasn't expecting this one to be any different. She'd never expected how wrong she'd be. The drive over was normal, but as soon as the pulled up to the address it was strange. The house was huge, practically a mansion, meaning they had money, or at least one of them did. "Alright, do you wanna talk to the woman?" Tim asked, as he knocked on the door. This was usually how it went, she talked to the caller, Tim detained the possible suspect. "Yea I'll handle her. Just try to keep the boyfriend from flipping out?" She asked,and he nodded a bit. "I will." He said, before the woman came to the door.

Truth be told, abuse cases always brought up painful memories for Lucy, and she knew it was hard for Tim as well especially when children were around, but she forced herself to remember her near death state she was in after trying to leave her abuser, how it cost her baby's life, and how not a single person could have stopped it thanks to the cops who never looked close enough, or beloved him when he said she was simply unstable, and how he flashed his money for everyone to look the other way, and Lucy knew she couldn't do that. She had to put her trauma aside, had to ignore the images replaying in her mind, because she had to do her job, she had to make sure another woman didn't end up like she did. When the woman opened the door, there were a few clear problems. The woman couldn't have been older then 19, her face was a bit bruised, but to make matters worse she was clearly pregnant. "Hello ma'am, we got a call about a domestic dispute. May we come in." Tim asked in a calm, yet professional manner. "He's here right now. He's not gonna want to see you people here." She said, with hints of fear in her voice. "He won't hurt you, not while we're around." Lucy told her, in a soft tone, before the woman grabbed ahold of her arm, looking at if she meant to tell Lucy something, but as soon as she opened her mouth to speak, he came to the door.

It was without doubt Micheal Barkley, his eyes were the same ocean blue color, his hair was still dark brown combed back hair, pulled together with a black suit. A monster hidden behind a charismatic smile, and a stack of hundreds. Though both Lucy and the woman could tell he was angry, he wore a friendly smile like he always did, apart from when he was behind closed doors. "Hello officers, what can we do for you?" He asked, and a friendly tone, that those who didn't know him close enough wouldn't probably believe. Lucy felt her heart speed up, and suddenly it felt a lot harder to breathe, a rush of panic came over her when she saw his face, heard his voice, and everything came back to her. "We got a call for a domestic disturbance, officer Chen will be speaking to, what's your name miss? You'll come with me." Tim said, his voice becoming more firm. At first the older man didn't seem to pay much attention to Lucy and Tim as he was giving the girl a look, who looked terrified, but then he noticed Lucy and smirked. "So your a cop now little bird?" He said, and Lucy felt like throwing up upon hearing the nickname. "Come with me ma'am." Lucy said, to the woman before leading her away from Michael.