𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴

A/N: Hii loves, so it has occurred to me not enough of the angst I write is from Tim's side, so what am I doing? Writing angst from Tim's side because obviously I'm unwell. (As y'all can tell I'm sure) So remember how Tim's dad was dying, well this is based off Tim's dad's death which brings up triggering memories for him. But anyway trigger warning for mentions of abuse. Enjoy>3

....

It was around 2pm when Tim got the call, he was riding in the shop with Lucy, and any other time he wouldn't have answered the phone at work, but something gave him the feeling that he should. "Hello?" He asked, as Lucy looked over at him curiously. "Is this Tim Bradford?" The woman asked, and Tim knew where this was going from here. "It is. What can I do for you?" He asked, and the woman sighed a bit. "I'm sorry to inform you, your father had died, this morning. Your sister has been notified, and arrangements are being made. Sorry for your loss." She said, and  Tim was a bit confused, but simply gave a thank you, and hung up. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to feel in that moment, but he didn't feel much of anything at the moment. "Tim are you okay?" Lucy asked which he realized was the third time. "My dad is dead." He said numbly, and Lucy seemed to worry more then he was. "Tim, I'm so sorry." She said, before reaching over to take his hand, and suddenly he felt overwhelmed. "Come on pull over okay? You don't need to drive." She said softly, and the next thing he remembered was her pulling into the parking lot at the station, him breaking down crying, and her pulling him close.

...

It was no secret that Tim had a horrible relationship with his father who was abusive towards him his whole childhood, so since he grew up and moved out his childhood home all he'd been trying to do was forget. Forget the pain, the humiliation, the feeling of being completely unlovable, and he couldn't say he was too upset his father was gone, but his death only brought up all the feelings he'd been trying so hard to push down. It was the night before the funeral. At some point he stopped answering his calls, he couldn't handle Genny's tears anymore, he couldn't handle her begging him to come, because despite the fact his dad was dead he still had scars. At this point he didn't want to see anyone, he wanted to sit at home and get wasted and try to forget, so he grabbed a beer and attempted to open it but dropped the bottle which cut his hand, and suddenly it hit him, he broke down on the floor sobbing in his hands.

Lucy had spent the last few days with Tim after work as he was on leave, for the obvious reason being he was struggling, at some point he stopped answering calls, and texts which had Lucy worried out of her mind, so after work she drove over to Tim's without wasting a second thought. She knocked on the door for about 10 minutes when eventually she didn't care much about knocking as something was clearly wrong being the Kojo was barking, and Tim's truck was in the driveway, so Lucy quickly walked over to the side of the house where a small gray pot laid, that Lucy knew he kept his spare key underneath, so she grabbed it before unlocking the door. "Tim? It's me? I'm coming in okay?" She announced before walking in, and was greeted by a seemingly anxious Kojo who she followed into the kitchen to find Tim with his hands on his head, blood was everywhere, he seemed to be having a panic attack. "Tim?" She whispered softly, before kneeling down in front of him, his breathing was heavy and tears had stained his face, as he slowly brought his eyes up to meet hers. "Lucy?" He said, in a broken voice. "I'm here Tim, I'm right here baby." She whispered as his head head fell into her chest, and her arms went around him.

Tim didn't understand how it came over him so quickly, didn't understand how a little blood triggered the flashback. He was twelve years old, and he'd lost a little league game, his father got so angry that he threw a beer bottle at him which sliced open the back of his neck, he still had the scar from it. He gasped for air as it became a lot harder to breathe, his chest got tighter, and the tears screamed down his face as the blood poured out of his hand, and before he knew it like some sort of angel she was there, picking him up of the floor. "Come on, baby. Let's get you taken care of. It'll be okay, I'm right here." Lucy spoke in a soft, but sweet tone, as she gently stroked his hair. "I can't." He said, he didn't necessarily know what he meant because it was just a cut he could very easily stand, but he felt like he was trapped, but this time the cages were mental. "Can't what?" She asked, as he felt himself wrapping his arms around her waste as he moved close which he didn't think was possible at this point. "I can't go, I can't do this." He said, and Lucy gently leaned down to kiss his head. "You don't have to baby. You don't have to." She whispered to him, as he buried his face in her chest as he sobbed, and she just held him close, and stroked his hair, and placed kissed on his head. He didn't know how long she held him like that, but he didn't move until his sobs stopped, and breathing slows down. "Thank you." He whispered, as he finally managed to pull away from her, but was met with a concerned look. "Can I clean your hand up?" She asked softly, and he nodded a bit, before standing up with her help.