𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

A/N: So this is one of the two fanfics I'm writing featuring Tamara and Chenford, and this was a request. After Tim and Lucy began dating Tamara feels extreme guilt about imposing on their relationship, combined with the fact her parents death was coming up, her emotions are running a bit high. Luckily her unofficial parents step in. And trigger warnings mentions of substance abuse, abuse, and neglect.

Third person Pov

Things have never been easy for Tamara she was born into a household with a mother who had a drug addiction, and an alcoholic father who would straight up abuse her, and mother of would forget to feed her while she got stoned. And despite her love for Lucy she was worried about imposing on Tim and Lucy's building relationship, in which Tim already had a key, and Tamara couldn't help but feel as if she was taking up to much space and effort in the pair's life, in which she attempted to avoid being home as little as possible as she couldn't deal with the guilt she felt regarding the situation, and with her parents death coming up she felt even worse.

Lucy had noticed the shift in Tamara which worried Lucy nonetheless, she had spoken to Tamara a week prior to insure her that she was not a burden, and they were family, and both she and Tim loved her, but something was wrong and she knew it. She had gone to Tim's that night to allow Tamara to have a bit of a self care day to herself, where she left her a Lucy style basket full of different skin care products, and her favorite snacks, before leaving to Tim. She was watching a movie on the couch with Tim, cuddled up against him but she couldn't get Tamara out of her mind. And Tim obviously noticed, the tension.  "What's wrong Luce?" He asked, while looking down at her, and he could tell something was one her mind. "I'm worried about Tamara." Lucy said with a sigh.

Tim knew something was wrong, Lucy who felt very highly when it came to all emotions, positive and negative, and Tamara was upset he knew it, and Lucy was worried about her, she had been all week. "I know baby. Have you tried talking to her?" He asked, while Lucy looked up at him, and nodded a bit. "I tried to insure her she wasn't a burden, and that we wanted her here, it's just I feel like something else is going on, I just feel bad about prying." Lucy said, with the concern very visible in her voice. Tim sighed a bit, despite the rough start he did care about Tamara, and he was also worried about her so he knew what the had to do. "Well how about we try and talk to her together? See what's wrong so we can help her?" Tim said, there was obviously a problem, and one he was insistent on helping them fix. "That's a good idea. I can make dinner tomorrow night, and we can talk to her then?" Lucy asked, hopeful that they could get Tamara to open up to them about what she was feeling.  "Whatever you think is best baby." Tim said, before leaning down to kiss her, before Lucy cuddles back up into his arms.

Tamara on the other hand, was both relieved, and stressed that she didn't have Lucy or Tim there. But she took the time to relax, she ran a bath, watched a movie, and did whatever she could to take her mine off the image of her parents dead bodies, their blood, their screams as the people who her father was involved with slaughter them, while she hide under the bed. She was only 7 years old at the time, but the image was fresh in her mind. And with the anniversary of their death coming up, it's was once again active in her mind. And no amount of therapy could help it. She knew she should tell Lucy and Tim after all they were practically her family, but she couldn't stand the thought of putting that burden on them, even though she knew Tim had known. He was a the rookie cop who carried her out of the house, and waited all night with her while social services showed up, and Lucy was the closest thing she ever had to a mother so she knew she deserved an explanation, she just hadn't brought herself to tell her yet.

It was around midnight when Tamara got a call from Lucy, which she knew most likely meant she was staying at Tim's place. "Hey Lucy." Tamara said, after answering the phone. "Hey Tamara, so me and Tim were wondering if tomorrow we could all sit down, and have a chat." Lucy said, which if Tamara was honest she had a rush of anxiety when Lucy said that. Were they getting married? Was she pregnant? We're they kicking her out? did Tim tell Lucy about Tamara's parents? She had absolutely no idea. "Sure okay. What's it about?" Tamara asked, while trying to hide the anxiety in her voice. "We are just worried about you is all. Nothing bad I promise. Are you okay there?" Lucy asked softly, in her usual sweet tone, which brought Tamara some comfort as she remembered who she was talking to, but still she felt as if she was burden to them. "I'm okay. You and Tim having fun?" She said with a small smirk across her face, knowing that with them being together after midnight exactly what that meant. "Oh yeah, the movie was great. Are you sure you're okay?" Lucy asked, she was worried and she couldn't hide that no matter how hard she tried.