𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺

A/N: Hi my loves, so I'm currently writing this at the same moment as a prompt however this is not part of it. So this is more of an angsty one. Tim and Lucy end up going deep under cover for months and this is set in the aftermath of that.

Third person perspective

It had only been a week, Tim kept telling himself. He would get use to it,  he would get use to not waking up with her, not being able to see her every waking moment of the day, but it was torture. He had yet to sleep more then a few hours the whole time they'd been back. And he knew it was normal for undercover cops to struggle once they got back, but he wasn't struggling with his identity, or job, he was struggling with the fact that he wasn't with Lucy. For 5 month they'd been a couple, and for 5 months he'd began to fall for her, and despite every logical part of him knowing it was wrong, and just pretend, he couldn't stop himself from hurting, from missing her, even though he would still see her at work every day it wasn't enough.

Lucy had been uncover before, and the first day or so after getting back was always exhausting, but never did it completely kill her the way it was now. She couldn't sleep, eating became more difficult as she had at a table and he wasn't next to her, she felt the void of him so quickly when she went back to her apartment, and despite how much she missed Tamara during those months, she was missing Tim already. Lucy had only managed to get any sleep at all when wearing one of Tim's hoodies he'd let her borrow, that she hadn't given back because it smelled like him, so she sleep wrapped up in the oversized hoodie breathing in his sent, and pretending she was still next to him.

Monday morning was the first time they would be going back to work, and Tim was desperate to go back to work, just to get out of his house which despite its size was far to isolated, and then finally he could see Lucy for the first time in an ridiculously long week. He wanted to give her space knowing how ridiculous he would sound, but he did text her throughout the week, which did help a little but after living with someone for 5 months texts did not fill that void. He hadn't realized just how lonely his life was until he was without the one person who made it better.

Tim arrived to work and looked for Lucy almost immediately, but she'd yet to arrive which made an intense feeling of anxiety run through up, but moments later she walked through the door, and instantly his eyes went straight to her's. She gave him a small smile, and began to walk up to him, when the other cops at the station dramatically welcomed them back. So of course both Tim and Lucy had to be polite and speak to them, Tim was happy to see Angela who didn't want a minute to tease him more about Lucy, which she'd been relentlessly all week. "Have you spoken to her yet?" Angela asked, with a small grin. "We texted a bit last night, but no it's the first time seeing her in person since." Tim said, with a slight sigh as he looked over at Lucy who was currently chatting with Arron and Nolan. "God Ang I absolutely hate this feeling. It's like how I felt with Isobel but worse. We aren't even actually a couple and I feel horrible." He told her, and Angela gave him a sympathy look, and patted on his shoulder. "Talk to her Tim, she'll understand." She told him.

Lucy had been speaking to Arron who was curious to know stuff about the case, and a bit to Nolan but she couldn't help but look at Tim who was speaking to Angela still. Eventually Nyla came over which was a big relief to Lucy knowing she could actually ask her things regarding her feelings after coming back. "Hey. Good work out there." She said, with a small smile. "Thank you. If I'm being honest I didn't realize how difficult longer uncover cases were." Lucy said with a sigh. "What's the matter, identity problems? Or trauma?" Nyla asked, in which Lucy shook her head in response. "Neither really. I can't sleep, and it's just sorta killing me not having him with me anymore." Lucy said, which Nyla simply nodded understanding completely that this meant Angela was right. "Ah so the feelings weren't fake then? You love him." Nyla said in a way that wasn't a question, she and Angela both saw this coming. "I know I shouldn't, I just can't stop it. I miss him so damn much, and I know during work we were a couple and that part may have been fake, but the rest of it wasn't." She said, while trying to hide the hurt in her tone, being away from him felt like the worst heartbreak she'd ever experienced. Nyla gave her a sad smile, as she understood what she was going through. "You two really need to talk then Lucy." She told her, and Lucy knew she was right. She would talk to Tim.