𝘚𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

A/N: Hii loves, so recently I wrote a oneshot that was sorta a summer au called "It's a cruel summer, with you." So this is actually part two to that, and I know you're probably asking, what part two? You never mentioned a part two, well I decided to write one, so this will be in present time, when Lucy and Tim began riding together again. And I sincerely apologize for the slow update, I've honestly been sorta busy and overwhelmed, but here it is. Once again more angst, some spice, enjoy loves>3

...

Lucy couldn't believe what had happened, Tim was a cop? And she would have been happy, but somehow she couldn't manage to do so, she was angry upon meeting him, angry that he was here in LA the whole time, and never bothered to call when Lucy wondered if he was alive. She changed into her uniform, and met back out with Jackson, and another rookie Nolan who they were in the academy with. "Okay, so mom wants to have dinner to celebrate, you are coming right?" Jackson asked, and Lucy nodded a bit. "Do they want me to come?" She asked, and Jackson gave her a look. "You know damn will my mother will riot if you aren't there." He said, as the three of them walked into roll call. They were sat at the table at the very front, given they were rookie, and now it occurred to her that Tim wasn't just a cop, he was a training officer, oh god she could be paired with him.

Tim had practically hunted down Angela after seeing Lucy, he was going to beg her to be her training officer so he didn't have to be paired with a woman he use to be in love with, and left, and the married another woman and she left him like he'd left Lucy. It was true he hadn't seen Isabel in a year, which definitely meant they would likely get divorced if he every found her, but still it would be to complicated being that their was still a change he'd end up mentoring Lucy. As they said in roll call, he couldn't help but look over at her, and he watched as she glanced over shoulder at him until Sargent Gray walked up. "As you all know, it's rookie day, and the scores has come in.." He said, before looking at them. "Officer Bradford, you get our hotshot, officer Chen who had her first arrest before clocking in this morning." He said, and Tim sighed a bit, of course riding with his ex, what could possibly go wrong.

Lucy wasn't happy herself that she was riding with Tim, however she wasn't necessarily expect how hard he would be on her. Not even an hour it was already torture, she was anxious and trying her best not to show it assuming he'd probably just yell at her again like he had already done three times. "So, why do you wanna be a cop?" Tim asked, as they rode and she looked over at him confused, given he spent the last few hours yelling at her, or questioning her ability which really irritated her, it almost made her feel as if she was riding with her mother, whoever Tim Bradford was seven years ago, he definitely didn't seem to care now, which made Lucy's heart break a little. "Is that a trick question?" She asked, genuinely she was use to those, and Tim just glared at her in response. "Okay, um I spent most of my childhood talking about my feelings, because of my parents but sometimes talking does seem to do much good.." She started, before Tim suddenly yelled. "I'm shot!" He yelled, and she looked over at him. "What?" She asked puzzled given he obviously wasn't. "I'm shot boot, and you have to radio for help. where are you at?" He asked, and Lucy rolled her eyes, oh this was a test. "I.. I don't know." She stuttered feeling the anxiety build up inside of her. "Now I'm dead." He said, before stopping the car. "Wouldn't be the first time." She said, and scoffed. "Get out, and walk you can come back in when you no where your at." He said, before she rolled her eyes and got out, she felt humiliated, maybe she should have just stayed working at her parents practice? But then again she wouldn't let him being an asshole ruin her goals.

Tim was starting to regret his tactics, as she refused to say a word to him after he let her back into the shop, in fact she barely would look at him. "You know boot, if you can't take people being hard on you this job ain't for you." He said, and she gave him a look letting him know once again he messed up. "It's not about you "being hard on me" I don't expect otherwise, you have no idea what it's like to be a woman in the academy, or on the streets I'm use to people doing whatever it takes to tare apart what I'm working to build. You just never seemed like the type, I guess I was wrong." She said, as she got out of the shop, and walked over to the table in which the other rookie's sat.  "That's not what I'm doing!" He went to yell, but she was already out, so he simply sighed and slammed the shop door once he got out. He walked over, and sat down with Angela and Bishop, and huffed. "What? Is our hotshot annoying you already?" Bishop asked, and Angela laughed a bit. "No, I'm sure the fact that she's his ex is annoying him." She said, and Tim rolled his eyes. "She's not really my ex, we didn't really break up. And she's mad I think." He said, and both Angela and Bishop gave him a look. "Why cause you dumped her, or humiliated her by whatever Tim test you did today?" Angela asked, and Bishop looked confused. "When did you date?" She asked, and Tim sighed. "We dated for 3 month, 7 years ago it's not that big of a deal, plus I'm married, and I didn't humiliate her." He said, while rolling his eyes, but in reality he did feel guilty. "You and Isabel are getting divorced anyway, what will it hurt?" Angela said, and Tim rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Because I'm her training officer, also I don't what to talk about this with you two, definitely not you! Jackson and Lucy have been best friends since they were kids, if you say anything to him I swear!" Tim said knowing exactly how that would end.