𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

A/N: Hii babes, so one thing I feel like is often overlooked is Lucy's poor relationship with her parents, and I don't know about y'all but I have often hoped that Tim would stick up for her with her parents, as well as Lucy's grief over Jackson because he was the one who got her through her parents toxicity. And no people just because she's emotional, and getting sick in this one I can insure you she ain't pregnant.  And warning for slight mentions of verbal abuse, as well as panic attacks. Once again featuring our friend the spinning wheel, for selecting the topic. And warning I sobbed while writing this, so I sincerely apologize. Enjoy darlings >3

.....

After 6 months of dating Tim was finally going to meet Lucy's parents for the first time. Usually he would be excited knowing that this was a bit step in a couple's relationship, however Tim couldn't be excited about this step seeing how anxious Lucy became as Friday night rolled around, at first he assumed it was just nerves because he knew her parents were strict, but when it got to the point she was throwing up, and not sleeping because of how anxious she was Tim began regretting the decision to meet her parents, as it became more and more apparent that  just because her parents didn't hit her like his own father did to himself, her parents were obviously abusive just not in the traditional way.

When Friday rolled around Lucy barely could handle work, before her parents practically demanded to meet her boyfriend after she mentioned him on a rare call, she was anxious about everything, and desperately missing Jackson. She already knew they wouldn't approve of Tim, they never approved of anyone she dated unless they quite literally hand picked the guy for her to date. She was use to them judging everything about her life, she was use to them picking apart her appearance, use to them calling out any flaws she had, but she wasn't sure if she could handle them sitting their insulting the man she loved.

When she got off work she went home, where she redid her makeup about three times, and still hated it each time knowing that it was either to little or to much no matter what she did, and choosing what to wear was even worse. Her mother's voice played in her head, as she changed from outfit to outfit. "That makes you look fat. You will never be pretty, that's why you don't have kids." Something her mother had been saying since she was in college, and that's when she began to feel so anxious, once again for the third time today she ran to the bathroom, and threw up yet again, as her body began to tremble, and as the words tears began streaming down het cheeks as she sat with her knees folded into her chest, knowing she couldn't step out of the bathroom until she calmed down, not with Tamara here, she couldn't stand her seeing her like this.

Tim had gotten dressed, and ready he drove over to Lucy apartment. He was nervous himself over meeting her parents, however not nearly as bad as Lucy was which made Tim begin to wonder if that's because they wouldn't approve of him, but then again he was a cop so of course they wouldn't, but still he knew something was wrong as bad as Lucy's anxiety was getting. He quickly unlocked the door, and walked in. He saw Tamara sitting at the island doing what he guessed was homework, until she saw him. "Hey Tamara." He said, with a smile, as Tamara stood up and hugged him. "Hi Tim." She said,  and Tim smiled a bit. "What are you doing?" He asked curiously, as he looked over at the younger girl. "I'm studying the LAPD as an assignment." She said, and Tim smiled proudly. "Oh? Need help?" He asked, not even bothering to hide the proud look on his face. "Actually I was wondering, do you think I could do a ride along with you and Lucy?" She asked, and Tim nodded. "Of course, I'll get it set up." He said, with a smile, before growing increasingly worried that Lucy hadn't come out yet. "Thank you." She said, with a smile. "Also if I were you I would check on you she seemed off when she got home."  She said, and Tim nodded, that's as all he needed to knock on the bedroom door.

Lucy managed to calmed down, and fix her makeup, before getting changed even though she couldn't help but stare in the mirror wanting nothing more then to cancel. She eventually heard the knock on the door. She quickly whipped at her eyes, before saying "come in" in which of course it was Tim, he'd probably been there for at least 10 minutes as she realized they were late. "Hey baby, you okay?" Tim asked, as he walked in, and looked at her with a look of concern on his face. Lucy nodded a bit. "Yeah I'm fine. Sorry, I got a bit distracted." She said,  and Tim quickly pulled her in to hug her, which she didn't realize she needed this bad until now.  "Baby, you know you can talk to me about anything. I can tell you're upset." Tim said, as he pulled her face up to look into her still glassy eyes from crying.  Lucy knew she should talk to him, because as soon as they were in the room her parents he would likely realize just how rough the relationship was, but she couldn't form the words. "It's your parents isn't it? That's stressing you out this much." Tim asked, as he looked down at her. "I'm fine. We probably need to get going anyway." She said, while taking a deep breath, and taking ahold of his hand, and he looked at her still not believing it, which was obvious. "I'm fine." She repeated, and he still didn't believe her but nodded. "Mhm. Fine let's go." He said, as he took her hand and walked her to his truck.