𝘛𝘺𝘱𝘦𝘴

A/N: Hii lovelies, so yet again I'm writing two one shots at once. Soo this is more of an angsty one (surprising coming from me I know) but this was actually a request! A new woman starts working at the station, particularly a blonde that just happens to resemble Ashley and Isobel, which causes Lucy to become insecure because she realizes she isn't Tim's usual type. Angsty I know, but I promise we have some fluff at the end, anyway let's get into it. And ladies remember don't compare yourself everyone is beautiful. Enjoy darlings>3

Third person POV

Lucy and Tim had been dating, and living together for 8 months. But Tim began to notice that something was off with Lucy. She seemed upset, and at first he thought that maybe she was having a hard time with dod coming up, but it was something else. Something she seemed terrified to tell him, because whenever he asked, she looked as if she was about to cry, and didn't say anything. So he would keep trying to figure out exactly what was wrong. He'd been working in metro for 6 months now, so maybe it had something to do with work? He would have to ask Angela, after Lucy was promoted to detective, after an undercover op gone bad. Maybe that's what this was about? Either way seeing her like this scared the hell out of him, so he had to figure out what was bothering her so he could fix it.

Emily Wilkins had started work  months prior, she was another rookie of Nolan's that he began training after Selena graduated. And the thing was, she was perfect. She resembled Ashley Tim's ex a bit which completely threw Lucy off her game. She was blonde, tall, and skinny, which until Lucy seemed to be Tim'a physical type which made Lucy insecure, in a way that she felt to stupid to talk about. She knew she was just overthinking, because Tim hasn't even interacted with the new rookie more then twice, but it made her sick feeling as if he wasn't with her, that's the type he would date, and she looked nothing like it. For starters Lucy wasn't white, but she took pride in her culture, but it was her appearance that made her realize she wasn't his physical type. She had dark hair, and eyes complete opposite to the blonde hair and blue eyes of Ashley and Isobel. Even body wise she didn't fit the type. She was short, and on the thicker side, and she knew Tim loved her, but this thought in her head terrified her. She didn't want to be the jealous girlfriend, but she couldn't stop the insecurities from invading her.

Angela and Nyla quickly realized something was wrong, quicker then Tim, but then again they were the detectives not Tim. Tim was completely clueless as what had his girlfriend so upset, Angela knew the second she noticed Lucy's eyes brushing over Emily every day in recall. So Angela and Nyla decided a strategy, and eventually settled with talking to Lucy, instead of going straight to Tim who didn't even know his girlfriend was struggling with something like body image. But then again this was something most men failed to notice. "Lucy." Angela said, after noticing she once again spaced out, appearing to be lost in her own thoughts. "Hmm?" Lucy asked, after breaking away from her thoughts. "Would you please talk to someone about this?" Angela asked, obviously concerned for her wellbeing. "I'm fine. It's stupid anyway." Lucy muttered, before going back to reading over the case, but Angela could tell she was upset. Looks like tipping off Tim might have to be an option after all.

Lucy despite how hard she tried to keep her mind of Emily, and Ashley she couldn't. And it frustrated her, and all she wanted to do was run into Tim's arms. She needed to tell him, but she felt so humiliated, and guilty for these thoughts. It was around lunch time when she couldn't take it anymore, and went to see Tim knowing he was back in his office by now. So she walked down to his office, and knocked. Tim was steady filling out his paperwork when he heard the knock on the door. "Come in!" He said, and Lucy quickly opened the door, and walked in shutting it behind her. And that's when Tim saw his girlfriend and stood up, a smile instantly coming across his face. "Hey baby." He said softly, as he studied his girlfriend's face. Despite the smile she put on her face, she looked completely exhausted. "Hi." She said, in barley a whisper before she hugged him tightly, burying her head in his chest, which alarmed Tim. By the way she was clinging to him, obviously something was going on, something had been going on for awhile now. "Baby? Please." Tim pleaded, he knew he shouldn't bring it up at work, but he was beyond worried for her at this point.