Day Five

Hi Readers: Sorry for the delay in getting this third chapter out to you guys, but I hope that you guys enjoyed the first two chapters that I posted for you guys. Now, this is the last chapter for today; so I hope you enjoy it. See you guys tomorrow, when we go back to the Caseys. Yes,  I am only doing one chapter with the Halsteads; and that's because the Caseys are currently taking a nap. And that means that I get a chance to check on the Halsteads, before starting the next storyline that I have for the Caseys; a storyline that I can't wait for you to read. 

Thanks again for reading, and I hope you enjoy this chapter. 
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Halstead Hospital Room, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
No father wants to be here, in the NICU with their newborn children; but that was where he was right now, because it was where he needed to be. He needed to be here for his wife, and for his children; his beautiful babies who were only five days old, and whom they've barely held. Sure, they've been able to touch them here and there; but it's not the same as what you could normally get, the skin-to-sin contract that you could normally get. But right now, that was not what Jay could have right now; for the simple fact that the babies needed to be in their hospital beds, which would allow them to thrive here at the hospital. And at the end of the day, that was what Jay wanted his children to do; he wanted them to thrive, so that he could take them home eventually, and he was so glad that was going to happen someday. But right now, he just needed to pray for them; and just hope that they're okay at the end of the day, which is everything that he wants. And the truth is, what everybody in their family wants, especially his brother, Dr. William Halstead.

So much so, that he always comes to check on his twin niece and nephew every once and a while; just like he was in the midst of doing, and so that he could offer Jay to do something that he hasn't seen him do for a while. And that was take Max out to the washroom, because the last thing he wanted was for him to go to the washroom in their room; because that wouldn't be good, since it meant that Will would have to get in his brother's face. After all, he told the hospital administration that he would be professional; and if something happened here that broke NICU rules, then his brother would have to hold his brother to the same standards that he would hold any other patient. And the truth is, he would do that in an instant; especially since he needed to make sure that his brother was held accountable for embarrassing. Yes, you heard that right, embarrassing him. I mean, he is Jay's brother; and he is going to be associated with anything that happens in his room, for the rest of his life. But now, it's time for Will to stop creeping his brother out.

Especially since Jay has now realized that his brother was there and called him out on it. "You do realize that I can see your bushy head in the shade, which means that I know that you're there Will." Laughing a bit as he heard Jay say that, Will agreed with him before smiling at his brother. "Do you mind if I come in and see my niece and nephew?" Getting up, Jay turned around and looked at his brother; after which, he smiled at his brother. "Of course, you can, if you're on a break at least. I am not going to get in trouble with the hospital if you aren't working when you should be." Will agreed with Jay as he said that, before smiling at her; after which, he smiled as he proceeded to walk into his and Alex's hospital room. Turning his head, Will smiled when he saw that Alex was still fast asleep; something that she needs right now, because she's quite worried. "Is Alex finally sleeping better?" Will sighed as he looked at his brother, before going to wash his hands; but first, Max decided to walk over to his 'uncle' Will so that he can get some attention.

Looking down at Max, Will laughed; after which, he turned his head and looked at his brother. "Can I..." Jay agreed with Will when he asked him whether he can rub his head, because he can. "Before you wash your hands, and not after." Will agreed with his brother as he said that, before smiling as he proceeded to rub his head. "Hey buddy, you miss me today?" Jay laughed as he heard Will say that. "Yeah, because he wants to see his uncle; more than he want to see his veteran owner." Will agreed with Jay as he said that, before smiling as he rubbed Max's head again; after which, Jay looked at Max. "Max, go lay down. You don't want your uncle Will to smell like dog if he has to go take care of a patient, who just so happens to be allergic to dogs." Will agreed with Jay when he said that, as that most definitely is something that he needs to worry about; and it's something that he didn't think about. But he most definitely is grateful that his brother thought about it, as he was going to make sure to change before he goes back to seeing more patients.