A Deep Dive into Matt's PTSD, Part Two

Hello Readers: What did you guys think of today's second chapter? Do you like the new details that I added for Matt's PTSD? Do the points that I made make sense, and align with the storyline that was portrayed on the show? I would love to know what you guys think, as I think that I am writing it properly; however, I am not entirely sure. I would love to hear your feedback on how I did, and whether there are other things that I should include when it comes to her PTSD. Thanks again for reading. Now, here we go with Chapter Twenty-Seven; another one of my chapters that may lead to some future storylines that I want to explore in my story.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Right before you started at the academy, when I almost died."

As Matt mentioned the first time that the couple almost lost each other, Gabby took a breath as that was not a good day; she has a lot of bad memories from that day, as she thought that she was going to loose the man that she loves. And she was going to loose him, before she ever really got him; after all, they hadn't exactly dated much. It was so early into their relationship; a relationship that almost never happened, simply because of what happened. And even worse, she had to leave right away; and that was due to the fact that she and Shay had to take care of a patient, at least if she remembers that correctly. "God, Shay hated that day." Matt was confused when he heard Gabby tell him that Shay hated that day. "She hated that day? How about me? I hated that day too, as it had lasting effects on my life." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that, before smiling at her loving husband. "She was trying to balance both helping ME get through it, while also trying to help Kelly get through it at the same time; he was taking it hard actually."

Matt took a breath when he heard Gabby say that, as he understands why Kelly would've taken him getting hurt hard. "Well, I can definitely understand why that would be the case. I mean, it was a literal repeat of how Andy died. So, that would've meant that both of his best friends died in the same way, on the shift that he was working." Gabby agreed with Matt when he told her that, before proceeding to grab his hand. She then smiled as she stroked Matt's hand and leaned in to kiss him softly. Taking things nice and slow with the man that she loves more than anything in the entire world, Gabby smirked due to the fact that she was really happy right now. "I swear, I am so happy that you survived." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, before smiling as he proceeded to push a strand of hair behind her ear; after which, Matt smiled as he brought Gabby close to him. Gabby then put her hands on Matt's chest and just smiled due to the fact that this truly is everything that she wants to do right now. She wants to be alone with her man.

"Sorry about waking up so early without telling you by the way." Gabby shook her head when she heard Matt say that, as she didn't want him to feel bad about the fact that he woke up; especially not when she was glad that he let her sleep, she was quite tired to tell you the truth. "It's okay baby, and I really mean that; that's due to the fact that I really was tired." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, smiling due to the fact that this is something that she's really happy about. She then leaned in and smirked. "But listen, I know we talked about how Kelly did it; but I want to know about how you felt about almost dying. And do you want to talk about the thing where you said goodbye to me?" Matt took a breath when he heard Gabby say that, well aware that she hates that. "Are you still mad at me about that?" Gabby looked at her husband as he asked her whether she was still mad at him about when he said goodbye to her. No, we already went through that baby. I understand now, and I remember. But I do have questions about it if that's okay?"

Matt agreed with Gabby when she asked him whether it was okay if she still had questions, because that's definitely something that she's okay about; and even better, it means that they can maybe go deeper into what might be causing his PTSD. "What exactly do you have questions about?" Gabby took a breath when Matt asked her what questions she has about the fact that he almost died, twice. And that was just a hard time in their lives, as she thought that she was going to loose her husband. "I know we already talked about it while we were in the RV, but..." Matt shook his head when Gabby said that. "Hey, it's okay baby. This is different. We had that conversation as a way for us to try and get back to a place where we can talk to each other, and have a healthy marriage; this conversation is about my mental health, and my PTSD." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that, before smiling at him. "I think we did it while we were in a hotel actually, taking a bath with each other." Matt smirked when he heard Gabby say that.