Daddy's Back, and Ready to Relax - Part One

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the first chapter that I wrote for you guys? Are you glad that I included the Severides for a bit? I hope you are, because I know that I'm glad that I included them for a bit. But now, it's time for me to go check on the other parents who are in the NICU because of a traumatic event. More specifically, Jay and Alex. Hope you enjoy this chapter.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Making his way back inside shortly after taking Max outside, Jay smiled as he walked in to see Alex laying down in bed while still speaking to their friends. "I mean, there's just a lot of movies on here. I highly doubt that we could even go through them if we tried." Laughing a bit as he heard his wife say that (both in his own AirPods, and in person), Jay just shook his head as he already knew that they weren't really going to be watching too many movies. "I think I saw that they have Sex and the City on there, and they may even have Love, Actually; Valentine's Day, and the entire Twilight Saga." Alex agreed with Stella as she said that, glad that she just told them some of the nice movies that they have on here; especially since she knows that she's going to want to watch some of them, whether Jay wants to or not. "I can already hear Jay groaning as we speak, I am sure that he doesn't like the idea of watching those movies." Jay snickered a bit, while also shaking his head as he really didn't want Matt to say something like that. "Respectfully Mr. CEO, I'd like to ask you to shut up before you get me in trouble with my wife." Matt then realized that Jay was (probably) back in their hospital room.

"Let me guess, you're back in your hospital room now Jay?" Jay agreed with his friend as he asked him whether he was back in his and Alex's hospital room, as he most definitely was; after which, he bent down and proceeded to take off Max's leach from his jacket. "Go relax boy, time to take it easy." Max agreed with his handler as he said that, before going to walk over to his bed; after which, he grabbed the squeaky toy-bone that he has. After which, he went ahead and laid down on the bed so that he can squeeze it a bit; at the same time, Alex turned her head and looked at the man she loves (while he closed the door to their room). "I still hate your brother for that." Will laughed as he heard Alex say that, as he was just outside their room (since he wanted to check on Natalie). "Yeah, sure. Because you don't like that it's going to keep him out of your bed." Turning her head to look at her brother-in-law, Alex gave him her death glare; after all, she didn't want to be bothered by that idiot right now. And that most definitely was something that Jay could tell, as he's been able to read his wife's face better than anybody for the longest time; after which, he turned to look at his brother.

"Man, I am going to tell you this right now; we're okay, but I would run before my wife yells at you...which would then lead to me yelling at you." Will was confused when he heard Jay say that, not exactly understanding why Jay would yell at him; especially when Alex would've just yelled at him, probably (he assumes) about the same thing that his wife would've just yelled at him about. "Can I ask why you would yell at me...especially when your wife would've just yelled at me?" Jay took a breath as he looked at his brother, before to look at his wife too. "She's recovering from giving birth." Will then understood what he was trying to tell him, before gulping. "Okay, can I just ask quick if Alex wants any more pain meds? I can call Natalie and tell her, she's just at her counsellor right now." Getting a bit concerned when he heard his brother tell him that, Jay took a breath while looking at the woman he loves. "Do you mind if I..." Alex agreed with her husband as he asked her whether he can talk to his brother, because he most definitely can; as she would like to know why Natalie is currently at the counsellor. Taking a breath, Jay then looked at Max. "Stay." Max agreed.

Once he said 'stay' to Max, Jay then proceeded to walk out of his and Alex's room (again) so that he could quickly talk to his brother; after all, he is a bit worried about him right now. Looking at him, Jay crossed his arms and took a breath. "Okay, what's going on?" Will laughed. "It's nothing, but she just wanted to talk to someone after what happened to Alex." Jay looked at his brother when he told him that, starting to get a bit worried. "Is Natalie okay?" Will agreed with Jay when he asked him whether Natalie's okay, as she's just going as a precaution. "Oh, I promise that Natalie's fine; she's just going as a precaution, and taking the extra step that will allow her to relax. Plus, she doesn't want to be too stressed during the early stages of her pregnancy." That's when Jay heard Gabby speak to him. "Tell Will that Natalie can always call us if she needs to talk to us about that, as we've dealt with it." Jay laughed as he heard Gabby say that, before looking at his brother. "Gabby says that Natalie can always call her if she needs to talk about it."