Chapter Forty-Four, Part Two

"I'm late."

Those are the words that Matt has always wanted to hear in life, that his wife's period was late; and that she may be pregnant, but not in this situation. And that was due to the fact that Matt and Gabby aren't ready to have another baby, which is why Matt is in the midst of holding his wife in his arms right now; because he was making her feel better. But first, he needed to know something from his wife as she laid down in his arms; wrapping her arms around his torso, Gabby slipped her legs in between Matt's and just cuddled up to her dreamy husband. Running her hand down his chest as she laid her head down, Gabby took a breath as she looked at the test that was next to her. Yes, a test. The moment that Gabby said that she was late, she and Matt decided that she would take a test; and that was exactly what she did. She proceeded to take a pregnancy test to make sure that she wasn't pregnant, which is not what they want. But now, they were waiting; waiting for the results that would tell them which time of feeling that they would have right now.

At the end of the day, they will be happy in either situation; and that's due to the fact that they do want to have a lot of children, and that's something that the couple already agreed on. Now that they have this life, they are going to have a lot of children; but they are just not sure if they are exactly ready to have another baby yet, which is why Gabby decided to ask her husband. Ask him whether he was ready to have another baby, because that was something that she needed to know before they find out. Flipping the test over so that they couldn't see the result for a bit, Matt turned his head and proceeded to kiss the top of his wife's head; that way, she can relax and just take it easy right now. That was what she needed to do, because she doesn't need to worry; she doesn't need to worry about the fact that she may be pregnant yet, until they know with the test. Running his hand up and down Gabby's back, Matt turned his head and then pressed his lips to her forehead. "I didn't even know that you had a pregnancy test laying around." Gabby laughed.

"I bought one at the pharmacy, but I've yet to take it; I bought a few actually so that I always have some here just in case, that way we can do it as discreetly as possible. I mean, you are going to be famous now; and we're going to want to keep our pregnancies on the DL." Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, before kissing her forehead softly. After which, he left a soft kiss on her forehead once again. "I'm just shocked that this is even a possibility, because I wasn't even expecting this." Gabby agreed with Matt as he mentioned that he didn't expect this, because she wasn't expecting it either; and that's definitely something that's worrying her. Worrying her about the fact that she was pregnant. But first, they had to worry about something else; and that was a text message that Matt just got. "There's no way that the test was already ready." Matt shook his head when he heard Gabby say that, as it wasn't at all related to the test. Rather, that was his text message alert. "No, that's my alert for a text." Gabby agreed with Matt.

"Business?" Going to pick up his phone, Matt proceeded to check whether the text was business; or if it was personal. He then saw that it was actually a text from Heather, a text related to something that the boys can do this weekend; because she needs them out.

Heather Darden-Matthew Casey Text Message Thread:
Heather: Can I get the code for the rooftop pool? The boys need to get out and swim.
Matt: The code is ANDY or 2639.
Heather: Nice. I love that code <3.
Matt: LOL. Stop flirting with me, I'm married Heather.
Heather: Shut up. How are you and Gabby? Happy at the big house? I know I hated it.
Matt: HAHA. Not funny.
Heather: I know. Thanks for letting us into the pool. Talk later.
Matt: We'll have to have you over for supper sometime, I want to see my godsons!
Heather: Next weekend?

Matt bit his lip when Heather asked him whether they can come over next weekend, because he most definitely does like the idea of them coming over next weekend; especially since it's Father's Day next weekend. Turning his head as he looked at his wife, Matt proceeded to kiss Gabby's forehead to get her attention. After which, Gabby looked up at her loving husband. "Hey, what's up?" Smiling at Gabby, Matt ran his hand up and down her back. "Heather just asked whether she can come over with the boys next weekend, since it's father's day?" Gabby thought about it, and just smiled as she loved the idea of them coming so that they can spend Father's Day with their surrogate father. "I think they can come over this weekend, just not Sunday. Sunday we're going to be alone on your first father's day with the boys." Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that, before smiling as he bent down so that he can kiss her softly; which then led to him taking things nice and slow with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world.