Chapter Fifty-Six, Part One

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the last chapter? I hope that you guys liked it and are ready to read some more nice chapters that I plan on writing for you today. So, what do you say we get to it? Here's Chapter Fifty-Six, our third in California.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She just finished getting dressed for the day so that she can be with her husband, the husband whom she thought was going to be in bed with her as they woke up in each other's arms for the first time since they moved to California; moved to the place where they are going to be staying for a while, as there was no way that they were going to be buying another home. Her home was in Honolulu, and that was always going to be her home; but right now, he was more than okay with visiting California. She just wished that her husband would stick to the promises that he made to her when they were at home, and that was that they would always wake up in each other's arms. But she also knew that couldn't always happen anymore, and that was due to the fact that they did have a dog; and he had to go out in the morning. But she always expected her husband to come back to bed, crawling back in with her so that they can cuddle up as they woke up; but that was not what happened this morning, as you very well knew based on what was happening.

And that was that Alex was making her way out of the bedroom that they were sharing here for the summer, only to see Matt standing in the kitchen while making them some breakfast; she just didn't know whether they were going to have to make independent breakfasts while they were here, because that most definitely was something that they needed to figure out. And luckily for her, there was someone in the kitchen right now that she could ask; after all, he was the one that was going to be able to tell her everything that she needed to know, up to and including just where her husband is. Looking at Matt as he made breakfast, Alex smiled. "Okay, I am not going to assume this; but I have this feeling that you know where my husband is." Hearing Alex speak to him this morning, Matt laughed as he turned around to look at her. "Good morning to you too Alex." Alex agreed with the CEO when he said that, smiling before walking into the kitchen so that she could hug him; after all, the friends that are staying here have become more like family.

And that was due to the fact that they had to rely on each other much more, especially Matt; and that was due to the fact that he was the one that was paying for them to live their lives, which she is more than happy to take advantage of. "By the way, thanks again for inviting us to join you here in California; I hope you know that you didn't have to do that." Matt took a breath when he heard Alex say that, as that was not exactly the truth; there was actually a reason behind him asking her and Jay to join him here, a selfish one. "Uhm, yeah that may not have been the truth." Alex was confused when she heard Matt say that, before looking at her boss; after all, he was confusing her. "Do you mind?" Looking at Alex, Matt smiled as he pointed towards one of the bar stools that they have here. "You want anything to drink? Or a snack that Jay set up for you here in the kitchen?" Alex was shocked when she heard Matt say that, unaware that he knew about Jay having set up some snacks for her to have in his kitchen. "Jay set up some snacks for me in here?"

Matt laughed. "He basically asked me where he could put some the minute we got here, because he wants to make sure that he could find them easily." Alex agreed with Matt when he said that, before smiling about what he did; as it was just these little things that made her love her husband more each and every day, things like these exact things that he's done for her right now. Smiling at the CEO, Alex just pushed a strand of hair behind her ear as she was that happy. Seeing Alex do that, Matt could see that she was happy. "I can only imagine that you're currently thinking about how happy Jay doing this makes you?" Alex agreed with Matt when he said that, before thinking about how she might actually want to sit here and talk with the CEO for a bit. "Do you mind if I..." Matt then smiled as he proceeded to point to his chair. "Want some water or something?" Alex agreed with Matt when he said that. "How did you know what I need?" Matt laughed as he heard Alex ask him that, before walking over to the fridge where he can get Alex some water.