Chapter 32 - I Hate Geckos. I Truly Do.

The Witch's Quickening

| | |

"Take the north door straight ahead. Keep going," is the first thing I hear at night. Merlin besides me wakes up with a start, the words ringing in his head. I, on the other hand, grumble into my pillow and dig my face deeper into it in some feeble attempt to get rid of the awful voice in my head.

I vaguely hear Merlin begging me to get up so I can help him with whatever new problem has arisen in Camelot, but I tell him to piss off.

I hear more of the words in my head, but I shut them out so I can get my beauty sleep. After all, it takes a good nine hours to look this good. Now do I get nine hours every night? No. In fact, I haven't gotten my nine hours in a long while. If I think about it, I've probably gotten nine hours in total this week, the thoughts running through my head keeping me awake.

It's like OWLs all over again, and I hate it.

When Merlin returns, he rightfully plops down in his bed, little snores leaving his mouth.

The sun shines in our room, illuminating everything. It was a pleasant way to wake up. Merlin managed to roll over in the middle of the night so he closed his mouth, thrusting the room into silence where we could both catch our sleep. I am grateful that I could finally get a full nights rest—

"LIZZY!"

That startles me awake. I groan into my pillow when I know that voice.

The door to our room opens with a bang.

"LIZZY!" the voice screams into my ear, its little body climbing on top of me, digging its little knees into my sides, shooting pain up me.

"Nick," I grumble, "get off."

"No."

Merlin laughs besides me.

I open my eyes enough to glare at him before blonde hair interrupts my sight. Nicolas' face is upside down in front of my face, his body still on top me. "Nick, get off; your knees are hurting me."

He only smiles and digs his knees deeper into my sides. "If it gets you up, it gets you up."

I grunt in pain before shoving off of me.

"Come on! We have things to do! Sights to see!" Nick's smile in growing with every word he says. He prances around my bed in an arc, his arms moving like noodles. He stops, looks at me, grins, and says: "Things to buy."

Now, that gets me up.

Merlin dresses before exiting, dragging an unwilling Nicolas with him.

It doesn't take me very long to dress, the lack of diversity making it simple for me. Black trousers, white tunic, brown belt around the waist, hair in simple braid, and, of course, wand up the leg.