Chapter 19 - The Avenger's Map

To Kill the King

| | |

"Soooooo, I wanna make something."

He sighs and looks at me, "What?"

"I want to make my own Marauder's Map," I say with a large smile as I sit criss crossed applesauce on my bed, facing my roommate.

"What's that?"

"A map that can track the movements of anybody at Hogwarts, except, this one will be for the castle in Camelot."

"Okaaaaaaay. How do you want me to help you?"

"No no no no, I don't want your help-"

"Great."

"-I want to help you make it."

He sighs again, "You know we could possibly die if caught, right?"

"Yeah, but where's life without a little adventure?"

"You think possibly dying is an adventure?"

"Yes."

He sighs yet again, "Fine."

"YAY!"

"What do I need to do?"

"So the charm itself is quite hard and I don't know if I can do it, so I'm having you create it. Here," I pass him a large piece of parchment, "We're going to use this as the base of the map and use what's called the Homonculous Charm which basically tracks the movements of everyone, where they are, what they're doing, every minute of every day."

"Brilliant!"

"I know right, I got the idea from the Marauder's Map. My Granddad was a cool person. I mean, all the Marauder's were," I say with a grin. My grin falls and I pull a disgusted face at my next thought, "Except Peter, he can go fuck himself."

"Who is he?"

"Dick, traitor, arsehole, bit-"

"Okay okay okay okay, I get it."

"Yeah."

"So...map."

"Map."

We just stare at each other. An unofficial contest has just been initiated.

We continue staring at each other. Merlin's eye starts to twitch and I force myself to not close mine.

"Oi!" Gaius exclaims, barging into our room. Merlin blinks.

"Yes! I win! Suck it!" I laugh, pointing at the warlock.

Gaius just rolls his eyes at us and turns around, grumbling something under his breath.

| | |

In the lower town, specifically in Tom the blacksmith's workshop, powerful magic is being conducted. Powerful enough to wake Merlin up, who then proceeds to wake me up as well.