Chapter 10 - Vampire Teabags

The Mark of Nimueh

| | |

"I am bleeding out of my fucking uterus! Leave me the hell alone!" I scream, throwing pillows at my poor roommate.

"Sorry!" He screeches, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

"What is happening there?" Gaius questions.

"I - I don't know! Liz's just screaming and throwing things at me while curled up on her bed." Merlin frantically speaks.

"GET ME CHOCOLATE!" I yell out, "Nevermind!" After I found some frogs in my emergency bag.

The physician chuckles out, "That Merlin, is the menstrual cycle."

"The what?"

"It means when a woman bleeds to have children in the future."

"That makes no sense."

"Just go get Gwen." Gaius shoos off the servant. He goes out to fetch the Lady Morgana's maidservant.

"Gwen! There you are!" Merlin pants, bending over to catch his breath.

"Merlin! Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm fine, but Liz isn't."

"Is she alright?"

"I don't know. Something about bleeding out of the uteran or something."

"Ahhh. Poor girl, I'll come by after I get Lady Morgana ready for the day."

"Thank you Gwen!" Merlin says, then runs back to the physician chambers.

"Did you find her?" The old man asks looking up from his work.

"Yes."

"Here, take this to Elizabeth, make sure she drinks every drop." He hands the warlock a small pottle filled with coloured liquid. He goes up to our room to see me nibbling on a piece of chocolate, holding a pillow against my stomach.

"Gaius says to drink this."

"Thanks Merl."

"Merl?"

"I figured a nickname was entitled to you, seeing as I have one for practically everyone." I explain. He nods with a smile, "You like the name?"

"Yea." He replies. I smile up at him and down the potion like a shot.

I grimace at the taste, "Some sugar could be used." We laugh at my joke.

| | |

The next morning we head to the lower town to see about a case where a man died. Gaius and I bend down to the dead man on sprawled out on the ground.