Chapter 6 - You Had One Job

edited (1/30/22)

edited (1/30/22)

| | |

Lance, Percy, and I have been traveling around for a few weeks. During that time, the boys have been teaching sword fighting and hand to hand combat, while I've been teaching them archery, cooking, music, magic and how it works.

"Ready," Percy nods.

"Are you sure you are ready? I don't want to hurt you," I ask, worry seeping into my tone. Right now, Percival has so bravely offered himself to be my sparring partner so I could work on my sword fighting skills. My arms are already sore from Lancelot teaching me yesterday, which means that today is going to be even worse.

"Yes, I am, now come on." He motions me to come at him with his hands.

"Alright then." I grip Lancelot's sword in my hands and lunge at him. He swiftly steps out to the side to dodge my attack and counters with his own strike. I barely manage to duck out the way, side-stepping out to distance myself from him. He parries my strike before thrusting himself at me. I block his sword with mine, my arms already beginning to tire out.

He cuts at me; the sound of metal clashing together echoes through the trees. Thank Merlin I set up charms around us. I send a sequence of attacks at the man, but he somehow dodges all of them. How he is able to do that given his size, is something I can only wonder. I cut at his arms, drawing a hissing through his clenched teeth and red blood from the wound.

Immediately, I drop the sword and rush to Percy's side. "Merlin, are you alright?" I ask quickly, my eyes scanning up and down.

"I'll be fine. Nothing a little magic can't fix," he groans, his hand over his wound.

I lead him into the tent and have him lean against the wooden table of the dining room. I quickly flick my wand around, the ingredients for a potion coming levitating towards me. I work quickly to get him his potion which I apply on before wrapping it up in a bandage. "That's going to leave a scar," I tell him, biting my lip.

"At least I'll look intimidating," he replies, puffing out his chest.

I snort. "Percival, with your size alone, you already are."

"Now I am more."

"Percy! Lizzy! I'm home!" We hear and turn our heads towards Lancelot waltzing through the flaps of the tent with bottles of what I presume is alcohol. "I come bearing gifts!" he announces.

"Is that alcohol?" Percy inquires, motioning his head to the bottles in Lancelot's hands.

"Vhy yes it is my dear Percival." He boops Percy's nose with his finger. I chuckle at the interaction.

"Lance, are you sober?" I ask still lightly laughing at his drunken state. I already know the answer, I just want to hear him say it.

"I'm m-moderately functional-l. How dare you ask dat of me, My Lady!" he exclaims slurring some of the words.