Chapter 23 - Oopsie

The Nightmare Begins

| | |

"Crap," I curse. I just rammed my poor toes into a wooden door. That hurt.

The door opens revealing my child that is Nicolas Flamel standing in his house, "Crap."

My eyes widen, "No, you can't say that. That's bad."

"You just did."

"I'm a responsible adult," I retort, but when I see his face giving me that 'really' look I correct, "Responsible ish."

"Crap."

"No, you can-"

"Crap."

"Shit! You can't say that."

"Shit."

"No! That's even worse!"

"Shit."

"No! Stop!"

"Shit."

"Fuck! You can't say stuff like that."

"Fuck."

"No! That's not better!"

"Fuck."

"NO! STOP SAYING THAT!"

"Shit fuck. Shit fuck. Shit fuck. Shit fu-"

I stop him when I cover his mouth with my hand noticing the curious eyes and ears of his parents. I laugh nervously, "Heeeeeeeeeyyy,I was ju- DID YOU JUST LICK ME?!" I wipe my palm on my trousers.

Nick shrugs with a small smirk on his face, "Don't put your hand over my mouth."

"Why you little sh-"

"You can't say that. That's a bad word."

I grumble and reach my hands out in an attempt to strangle him.

| | |

In the night, the Lady Morgana released some magic. Yeah, the King – someone who has an insane hatred of magic – has a ward who has magic. Crazy right? Well, stuff happens.

Morgana's eyes glow bright gold and lights a candle up. Gwen comes into the room, carrying some extra blankets. She frowns when she sees the lit candle and proceeds to blow it out. The maidservant leaves the room, leaving the girl restless as she tosses and turns around in her bed.

Her eyes glow gold again and relights the candle. She sits up terrified when a loud boom of thunder and lightning sounds through the sky. She gasps and the flame from the candle catches onto the curtain. She screams and the window blows open, raining glass down below.

The next morning, the King, Crown Prince, idiotic warlock of a best friend, Gwen and I are all in Morgana's room.

"I came in with blankets and there was a candle but I blew it out," Gwen states.