Chapter 7 - Goldilocks and the Three Bears

edited (1/31/22)

edited (1/31/22)

| | |

Gwaine, Percival, and Lancelot have all adapted well with 21st century technology.

Gwaine loves shampoo and conditioner, Percival has taken a liking to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Lancelot discovered his love for literature, specifically Sherlock Holmes. Though he doesn't understand some of the terminology, he has found it so entertaining. And of course, they're absolute love for tea. We have found that Gwaine also like green tea.

We are slowly working our way to Camelot. We stopped and set up camp in the forest. Percival and Lance have gone to the nearby town to get some more herbs for me. Gwaine went with them in the hope of finding a tavern. I was going to spend the day reading, but Lancelot gave me some instructions of learning how to shoot with my bow, and just get overall comfortable with it.

I have my quiver of arrows on my back, my bow notched with an arrow, ready to fire. I creep around listening to hear something. So far, I've just shot at some poor tree. It looked mad so I shot it. Completely reasonable excuse if you ask me.

A branch snaps on the forest ground.

I ready my golden bow. "Gwaine if you're playing some kind of trick, I will beat your arse," I talk aloud hopefully to either see Gwaine come out or scare off any animals. A sword is placed under my chin. I groan, "Not again." I make the first move with my bow and draw it back and fire hitting Mystery number 2 probably in the leg as a voice screamed in pain. Mystery 1 attacks swinging, I dodge and block with my metal bow.

I sneak a glance at my attacker. He is quite good looking if I do say so myself. Blonde hair and electric blue eyes. Dressed in a navy-blue tunic tied with a belt, paired with a leather vest. His moves are precise, so meaning he's had training. Mystery man 2 wearing almost the same, but he has curly dirty blonde hair with brown eyes. Mystery 2 has an arrow in his thigh from my arrow.

Mystery Man 1 lunges at me, but I parry his attack away from me with my bow. Thank Merlin that Lancelot and Percival have been teaching me. I'm actually able to keep up with the man in front of me. I'm still losing, but I am losing much less than I would if they hadn't taught me.

I push him off to have enough time to nock an arrow. Mystery 1 has his sword pointing at me and my arrow pointing back. Both of us breathing heavily as we continue to look at each other. I could drown in those eyes of his. "Draw?" I offer, panting a little.

"No," he replies.

"Come on Goldilocks," I say, "work with me. Let me help you friend." I nod my head to the other guy on the ground, the arrow in his leg and blood pouring out of the wound.

"How should I? You shot him," he retorts.

I can't deny, that is good logic. "Only because you had a sword to my neck," I argue. I then sigh. "Now, please let me help. I can heal him."