Chapter 27 - I Know, I'm Weird; It's Wonderful

Beauty and the Beast: Part 2

| | |

The night of the wedding, Catrina is in her chambers, brushing her hair when her servant, Jonas, comes up. "You look positively revolting," He compliments. "Does the enchantment hold?"

"It works a treat. Uther is like a puppet on a string," She grunts in agreement.

"What about the boy, Merlin and the girl? They know your secret."

"Leave them to me," The Queen orders.

"My Lord," Jonas greets the King before leaving.

"Darling," Uther smiles, taking off his coat. "We are alone at last," He goes to kiss her, hoping to move his nightly activities to the bed. She turns her head, feigning crying. "What's wrong?" He questions, taking her hand in his.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's not you, I want this more than anything," She assures him. "This has been the happiest day of my life."

"Then what is it?"

"When I was forced to flee my home, the one thing I was able to take with me was my family seal."

"You showed it to me when you first arrived."

"It's the only link I have to my Father. And now it's gone, stolen from my chambers," She turns her head away with fake tears in her eyes.

"Who could have done such a thing?" He demands worriedly.

"Oh no, please, I don't want to cause any trouble, not on a day which should be filled with joy," She puts her hand on her husband's face.

"Catrina," Uther says sternly, removing her hands from his face. "Who took your seal?"

"It was Arthur's servant, Merlin and that girl," She lies.

"Elizabeth."

"Yes!" Her eyes light up with mischief. "Her."

| | |

"Search the stables. You, check the kitchens and alert the guard on the south gate," The Crown Prince of Camelot barks orders, trying to find his idiot of a servant and the girl he fancies.

All around the city, guards all look for the two hidden sorcerers. I'm in the physician chambers working on a potion with Gaius when Goldilocks comes into the room hastily, shutting the door quickly behind him.

"Elizabeth," He calls out, making me look up at him to see worry in his eyes.

"What?" I question with furrowed brows. "Are you hurt? Why are you worried? Are-"

"You need to leave."

I pause from my question and stare at him. "What?" I say in confusion.

"You need to leave, Liz. The King has ordered me to arrest you. Catrina's accused you and Merlin of taking her seal."